MPLS Metro Lakes

• Chris

Anyone have any luck last year on lakes in the near metro other than Calhoun, Harriet, Isles, Cedar, or Nokomis? Looking to expand my reach, but sort of still confined to the metro area. I’ve been out on Sweeney, and Medicine in the spring/summer/fall, but never on ice. Looking at multispecies, pretty much whatever is biting. At that, any good live bait shops in the area too?

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Diamind Lake Ace hardware had a full assortment of minnows and worms when i lived there.

tim hurley

Metro: Panfish-no
    Walleye-nope
    Pike-maybe
    Bass-possibly

Well ok if you want action you can find pannies that are small-If you try a lake without a boat launch you could find something really good or you could find yourself skunked. Wherever you go put out a tip up and you may get a bass or pike to save the day-GOOD LUCK!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

well I heard many times if you want to be successful at walleyes on any metro lake during ice season it HAS to be low light only. After dark is best. No fancy jigging just a plain hook and minnow. I dont get to fish many of them thru ice but I know a guy who knows a guy. Someday I will be able to test my theory. I would imagine you can get all the small gills and perch anywhere. Good luck!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

There are quality fish to be had in the metro, but don’t expect anyone to tell ya where!

Put in the time and you’ll be rewarded, eventually.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.