mounting the panoptix down transducer

• mojogunter
    Participant

Has anyone mounted a panoptix down and back transducer yet? I will be installing one tomorrow, and wondering if there is better place to install it than another. I have seen some pictures of it being mounted way off to the outside edge of the boat. Hopefully there are good instructions with it.

catnip
    Participant
    south metro

Let us know how well it works once you get it Installed. I might get one for my pontoon this year.

Danny Thompson
    Participant
    Minnesota

It would be best to mount it dead center of the boat to give you the best view and cone angle. However not all boats have the step in the back so placing it to the side in a safe place is best. As long as it has clean water running a crossed it no problems.

mojogunter
    Participant

I don’t have a step so I didn’t have that option. The panoptix transducer I mounted too close and a little lower to my side imaging transducer, and had to move it to the other side so the side imaging wasn’t blocked on the left side. I haven’t tested it yet after moving it yet.

mojogunter
    Participant

I took a couple of pictures to show how I had to move the transducers to opposite sides. Not the best pictures because I would have had to push the boat out the garage door to get behind the boat and it was raining. I haven’t had much of a chance to run the panoptix much because I have only fished less in than 10′ but I will say the panoptix history view of the bottom is amazing to look at with the bottom contours and trees and stumps in the river I went ovet. I would also say that the side imaging is clearer than my humminbird was. The down imaging is about the same as the humminbird for clarity. One other thing, what the heck is with this board turning pictures sideways and upside down?

Attachments:
    1. 20160412_183600.jpg

2. 20160412_183542.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.