Moonlight Bay Resort & Hiawatha Beach Resort

• sbr_it
    Participant

Could anyone give me any feedback on either one of these two resorts? I’m looking at a family vacation up there next summer and have it down to these two resorts, mainly cause we will be bringing up our travel trailer for camping and not staying at a cabin. Its been years since I’ve been up to Leech and that was at Chippewa Lodge way on the SE corner of the lake. Will need to rent a boat for the week as well. Thanks.

Aaron
    Participant

Horseshoe bay is a great place and they do have some camper spots. I don’t know about boat rentals but the owner also owns Grand Vu Lodge which would has rentals.

sbr_it
    Participant

I checked their site and they make no mention of camping availability for lodging. I wonder if they just have a few seasonal sites on hand there.

Tritoon
    Participant
    Austin, MN

Hiawatha is very very nice and very kid friendly. They have a very nice swimming beach with trampoline, kayaks, and paddle boats. They usually have kids activities during the day and if the weather gets bad they have an indoor pool as well

They have boats or pontoons to rent, and depending on your choice of fishing, you can fish the weed lines in the bay around the resort and catch pike or just a short drive to main lake or even walker bay for eyes

sbr_it
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Tritoon. Kids stuff will be important as we will have a 11 & 15 year old at that point. I like the sound of the proximity of fishing opportunities as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.