Mozingo?

• fluff47
    Participant
    NE Nebraska

Just incase anyone from MO finds the site before I leave Friday I’m still look’n for anything you’re willing to share on Mozingo bass fishing. We’ve got a little club tournament there, first one, and I’ve still got lots to learn on the water there. Any short-cuts appreciated.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

fluff47- shoot jcybron a PM. I bet he knows something about that lake. I asked my buddy about it and he’s been to some lakes by there but never to that one.
    Are you fishing in the Travis Ferguson Memorial tournament down there??

fluff47
    Participant
    NE Nebraska

I’m just fishing a little club tournament. Only a dozen guys in our club if they all show up and I know a couple can’t make it. We’ll be lucky to have 5 boats and usually measure and release everything right where we catch it. Wont be any different than last weekend when I was there except I’ll write down what I caught. Is the tournament you mentioned this weekend? How big? Know which ramp? We’ll try and stay out of their road.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

I guess that tourney isn’t untill the end of the month.
    Did you have any luck down there over the weekend?
    Good luck this weekend!!

fluff47
    Participant
    NE Nebraska

Did pick a few tips that worked out. Spent most of my time looking deeper to find something off the bank that everybody else might not beat up so bad. Didn’t have enough luck to make a day of that this weekend so will probably join the troops going down the banks and hope I hit a few big’uns on the head. With some luck one of those offshore spots I located will be loaded this time and make the days work more fun as well as a little easier…..

I’m new here so must’a screwed up the PM to jcybron you said to contact. When I tried to send it it came back “no such person”. I’ll double check to make sure I didn’t get the name wrong.

Fluff

fluff47
    Participant
    NE Nebraska

That worked. I just left one letter out of his name. Here’s hope’n he’s had some luck there in the past.

Thanks, Fluff

fluff47
    Participant
    NE Nebraska

Just thought I’d say thanks to those who helped. I ended up 2nd in our club last weekend. That was good enough.

If anybody’s headed that way, a little on what we found in our 2 streight days of rain. The water temps cooled to the mid 70’s and may have moved some of the deep fish up. All the fish I caught on structure or brushpiles were short. There was one boat that got a few deep but said they had to weed through mostly small ones and ended up getting over 1/2 theirs off the bank. The bank or flip’n trees is where most all the fish came from. Could have been that we don’t know the lake, the fish are moving up, or two streight days of rain put the fish off their game. Anyway, For those who know the lake 18 pounds is suppose to be a winning weight and the best our little group could do was 14. Might just be us and not the lake????

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Way to go Fluff!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.