Suggestions for forums, needed

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Guys,

I’d like to add forums for some of the most popular bodies of water in Missouri. As I’m not too terribly familiar with the angling opportunities available I’m open to suggestions. If anyone out there is willing to compile a little list of the most popular lakes and rivers that will make setting up the Missouri coverage on this site much, much easier.

Thanks in advance… and welcome!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Here are a few of the more popular ones:

Pomme de Teree
    Stockton Lake
    Table Rock Lake
    Truman Lake
    Missouri River
    Mississippi River
    Lake Tanneycomo
    Roaring River (trout)
    Mark Twain

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

The white river in southern missouri also, they have quite a few good rivers there for decent smallmouth and trout fishing. I’ve heard quite a bit about Truman like Lenny said, if i remember right Babe winkleman, when he had his show, fished it a few times for Hybrib stripers, i know they have a few rivers there that they have stocked the same hybrids stripers in for over 25 years, so they have a serious hybrid stocking program there. It would be a nice addition plus thier deer and quail hunting is very good. I hunt the southern iowa border just for quail, big coveys too.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Bull Shoals and Lake of the Ozarks are great lakes to fish too.

I just talked to a guy that lives on Lake of the Ozarks this weekend and he was telling me about the walleye fishing in the spring just down the lake from his house. I guess there is getting to be a good population of eyes on that lake. The surface water gets pretty warm down there (85 or so) but I guess it’s deep enough to keep the bottom cool so the walleye survive.

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Biggest names are probably; Lake of the Ozarks, Truman, & Table Rock. Might get some intrest on Smithville in the northwest and Mark Twain in the northeast. Stockton, Pomme de Terre, and Mozingo are the other names I’m familar with.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve got most of them in place guys!

I used to make a twice annual trip down to Bulls Shoals and the White River each spring and fall and had some fantastic trips. I’ve got some old pics around here I’ll dig out of some darn nice brown trout if I can find them. A couple were pushing 30 inches long.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.