Trout Stream Regulations Proposals

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

i fail to see how a no bait restriction takes away an opportunity for a kid to fish. he can fish, just not with bait. throw a panther martin on, or a yarn egg, or a wooly bugger. the kids still has the same opportunity to fish, and catch fish. this argument that no bait hurts kids has no merit, and it’s populist rhetoric at it’s worst( and best). give it a rest, please.

it’s still up to the parent to get over their issue with the regulation, suck it up, and teach their kid another way to fish. kids are just happy their outdoors and you’re spending time with them.

Dear Josh. You sound tired. Jan 1 – March 31. No kid opportunities. Ok, that sounds about right. Might be a die hard dad that takes his kids trout fishing, who is to say. Sept 15 – Dec 31. Do you like the fall. So do your kids? Great. You enjoy the outdoors. Why not trout fish? Especially in a state park where you know it is a fun safe environment assuming basic precautions.

I fished through mid-Nov for alternate species. Beautiful weather. If trout fishing opportunities arose for all of 2011, would I take advantage? Likely. Why not! Winters suck in MN. If it is nice out I want to be knee deep in a stream or river.

LenH
    Wisconsin

Josh I sometimes wonder which planet you from. After I read your ramblings my head hurts and I question what I just read.
    Do you read your own rhetoric before you post it?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just wanted to jump in and wish all you trout fishers a Merry Christmas!!

mark winkels

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones as well!!

mark winkels

Numbers are numbers you can read into them as far as you want.
    Everyone he has the ability to think past bait vs. artificial so here it goes, numbers are declining because:
    cost of a trout stamp, land access, understanding regulations, just mad because I can be so I will show them and not fish for trout, aging baby boomers, increase in broken homes, cost of gas, cost of park permit, loss of jobs, increase work hours due to cost of living, lazy, hip surgery, had a baby, global warming, do I need to go on?
    The numbers show a decrease but they do not pin point all of the reasons and believe it or not is goes much farther than bait vs. artificial!

Put it to rest! Or put the effort to good use contact congress about how worthless our dollar is, health care, pork belling, something more meaningful than this! It is never ending Lets get past who gets the last word in!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What the last three post that I deleted had to do with trout fishing, much less Trout Stream Regulations Proposals I don’t have a clue.

We have a Private Message system that really works well for insults. Please use it.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.