SE MN outing

• mark winkels

I manage to get out today for awhile. I fished Rush Creek to start. The fish were active but nothing huge would strike. I was fishing nymphs(hares ears work best)with a 6’6″ 2wt rod, which makes every fish feel like a monster. Water was clear and fairly free of weeds.

I traveled down the road to Wisel after lunch. The stream seemed to be a little low and extremely weedy! I fished some hoppers, crickets, and ants with some success but I was only there for about an hour if that.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Hey nice job. I think Pine is great, especially deeper pools closer to where it joins Rush. Totally forgot to check out the HI stream upstream of the next bridge.

Stupid question – how does one get the photos to layout threat you have them set? Do I do all my picture links first and then link beginning – list start and link at end – list end?

Never fished Wisel. Tiny water? Smaller than Duschee or parts of Hay for example? Plenty of big hoppers out now. Late afternoon after they have warmed up probably best? Even early evening. Toss right at water’s edge right?

Prestige
    Elgin, MN

Nice. I need to get out a few times before the season closes.

mark winkels

Quote:

Stupid question – how does one get the photos to layout threat you have them set? Do I do all my picture links first and then link beginning – list start and link at end – list end?

Click manage photos button right above post box. Browse for your photos on your pc then update/upload. Are you linking photos from another site? You will load all your photos before closing dialog box. Software sets them for you.

Wisel is about the size of Pine but not as many deep pools.
    I fish the hoppers mid morning to late evening. Strikes will happen no matter where I place it if they want it.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Thanks for the info on posting photos and Wisel. I’ve never fished it although I’ve fished the section of South Fork close by. Amish country, right? If you have more photos, please post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.