deep clear lakes in September

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’ll be fishing Snowbank, which is a deep clear lake in the Ely area the second week of September. Being an Iowegian, I don’t know what to expect as far as where the walleyes or lake trout will be at that time of year. There are a couple inflows into this lake that might be spawning areas, there are several reefs that top out in the teens with 100+ around them, steep shorelines maybe a few weeds. Anyway, any advice as to where to start would be most appreciated. Are we looking at areas near spawing grounds; still in summer patterns; will the trout be up by then and if so where do they spawn. Thanks in advance for all your help!!

I used to make it up for the opener on Snowbank to chase Lakers & Walleyes, but I really don’t know where to target them later in the year.

Give Smitty’s on Snowbank a call and talk to Ron or Denny. Both are great guys and should be able to point you in the right direction. They always did for us.

birddog
    Mn.

Stop in to Skube’s bait, they’ll point you in the right direction. They’re located on the east end of the main drag just past 1. Always helpful.

BIRDDOG

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.