MN High School Bass Championship

• Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I had the pleasure of participating in this event last weekend as a captain. I was really surprised on how well ran it was. I’m lucky they didn’t have it when I was going to high school or I might be a full blown bass head! The kids were very competitive and fished hard. I hadn’t fished Mille Lacs for months and the bite was a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. Those bass sure are getting smart with all the added pressure. The boys missed out on a few key bites that would have rocketed them up to the top 5 or so, but that’s tournament fishing and they had a great time!

Attachments:
    1. Livewell-Bass-e1503418557922.jpg

sticker
    Participant
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I talked with a couple boat captians Saturday night. They thought the bite was much tougher than earlier in the year, but their boys were very excited.

I forgot to ask them Pat, but is there a special permit the tourneys carry to allow for catch and release of the protected slot(17-21″ fish). Just curious is all.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Yeah they are required to get permits for these tournaments. It must not be very difficult to get them as it seems there is a tournament going on every weekend out there.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Where was this held at? And is there a page link to the weights/results?

Thanks,
    -J.

gonecribbin
    Participant
    reads landing MN

Where was this held at? And is there a page link to the weights/results?

Thanks,
    -J.

SAF high school fishing.. They went out of Macs Twin Bay. They have live weigh-in on their facebook page, but I dont think they have posted results yet.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

It was at Mac’s Twin Bay. I can’t find the full results. I know that 21 and some change won and the kids I had took 17th with 15 and change. They weighed a 1.5 pounder that definitely hurt.

sticker
    Participant
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Yeah they are required to get permits for these tournaments. It must not be very difficult to get them as it seems there is a tournament going on every weekend out there.

Oh yeah, I know they need permits for tournaments, but I guess I was asking do the permits allow them to take fish in the protected slot?

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Yeah they allow you to with that permit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.