MLF Mille Lacs

• gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I wondered about it too. Clearly a violation here and whoever is in charge of that on the MLF tour did not communicate it properly (or at all) to the participants ahead of the event.

Jake Thelen
    Participant
    Medford, MN

Just curious, is MN one of the only states that only allows one line?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Minnesota – land of 10,000 fishing regs!

I have to assume the guys cited were “Caught” on camera. Then some viewer sent the footage to the DNR?

-J.

Huntindave
    Participant
    Shell Rock Iowa

whoever is in charge of that on the MLF tour did not communicate it properly (or at all) to the participants ahead of the event.

I would guess that most of the participants are adults. More surprising to me is that one of the adult participants did not bring this up at the pretournament meeting.

ganderpike
    Participant
    Alexandria

Yes. Out of all the regulations this one truly defies all logic.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Although a dumb MN rule I think the DNR should have thrown the book at MLF. They would to any normal fisherman caught. I get the two guys caught on camera got tickets. How dumb is MLF though to not know this going in.

Jake Thelen
    Participant
    Medford, MN

I think it should be on the individuals. Either they knew,and took a chance, or they were ignorant, which shouldn’t fly, cuz we all know it wouldn’t if were one of us amateurs.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

I wonder if any rigs were seized?
    There were some sweet A$$ rides parked at Eddy’s this past weekend.

Deuces
    Participant

DNR has better things to do than this. Mail the tickets and go get real bad guys.

Mookie Blaylock
    Participant
    Wright County, MN

I wonder if any rigs were seized?
    There were some sweet A$$ rides parked at Eddy’s this past weekend.

I ran into Wheeler at Reeds on Saturday afternoon. Still had his rig.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Nobody is getting anything seized for being one line over. They got a fine just like one of us would have. It is stupid that the MLF or one of the guys didn’t know this and talk about it before things started though.

shefland
    Participant
    Walker

I also wonder about the law on docks. A video of a fisherman on mille lacs going on someones dock to try and untangle a smallmouth off of someones lift. Cannot find the answer, I always believes technically you would be tresspasing? It seems this MLF format needs tweaking

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

A video of a fisherman on mille lacs going on someones dock to try and untangle a smallmouth off of someones lift.

I don’t know what the rule is on MLF with this, but on the Elite tour they cannot physically leave their boat without penalty. I’ve seen a few of them dangle over the side of their rig to get untangled but as long as they don’t leave their boat they were not penalized. That was the “tour” rule. As for whether it was trespassing, it may be dependent on the state and whether its a private or public dock.

The_Bladepuller
    Participant
    South end

In Minnesota any dock, even one that starts out on private property, is not private property once it is past the OHW of the body of water the dock is on.
    In other words any one can tie up to any dock but not go onto dry land.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I don’t know what the rule is on MLF with this, but on the Elite tour they cannot physically leave their boat without penalty

I have seen one of the anglers do it in MLF and he got a penalty for doing so, doesn’t stop them from doing it though, if I recall it was no more than a fish landing violation.

3Rivers
    Participant

I’ve been engaged in discussion on FB about the dock thing. I’m fascinated in the polarization of opinions on Ott’s decision to hop on the dock and climb down the boat lift. Trespassing? Respectful?

Lot’s of hard yes’s and hard no’s.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I’ve been engaged in discussion on FB about the dock thing. I’m fascinated in the polarization of opinions on Ott’s decision to hop on the dock and climb down the boat lift. Trespassing? Respectful?

By law what he did is legal.

Is it the right thing to do…that’s up for debate and has tons of arguments for each side whether it be simply impolite, or the effort to try to keep a hook out of someone’s dock/lift is nice, blah blah.

3Rivers
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>3Rivers wrote:</div>

By law what he did is legal.

Is it the right thing to do…that’s up for debate and has tons of arguments for each side whether it be simply impolite, or the effort to try to keep a hook out of someone’s dock/lift is nice, blah blah.

But is it legal? I’m not sure. Can someone just go squat on a dock? For how long? If that’s the case, can anyone just hop in a docked boat as well, or how about a floating boat?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Legal in MN. Bladepuller is 100% correct.

You can sit on that dock for as long as you want. Tie off to it and camp there all weekend. If the boat is floating un occupied, you can legally board it.

-J.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I think Bladepuller is inviting us up to the pond to tie up and camp on his dock. IDO GTG anyone? jester

The_Bladepuller
    Participant
    South end

John,
    Watch out for the duck chit.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.