Lewis and Clark Lake – Gavins Report 04-03-10

• wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

The ice is completely of Lewis and Clark but the wind was howling a little too much for me to want to battle it today. My wife, daughter, and I just wanted to get out and enjoy a little sun and sand and I didn’t feel like getting beat to death on my first outing of 2010. So while the girls hit the beach and the bike trail I spent about 2 hours fishing below the dam. I mainly wanted to make sure everything was working on the boat. Checked out pretty good. Forgot the net. Remembered to put the plug in though.

I drug one of Everts Ringworms around in about 14 foot of water and managed to pop a couple of sauger. A couple of nice eaters for the pan tonight. Tamara grilled ’em up over a bed of potatoes in some butter and lemon. MMMMMM good!

I also got a chance to try out my new Garmin Colorado 400i. So far, so good. I like it a lot but I need to spend a little more time testing it out in different situations.

It was a gorgeous day and it sure felt good to break the seal on 2010. Next weekend, off to Pool 4 with Garver!

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Here’s a shot of the kid demonstrating how windy it was with her flying pig tails.

I think everyone in our household is just happy there is no more snow to be found. Spring is good!

Chris
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

I wish my lady and daughter would have done the same so I could get on the water

Good to hear you got out in the boat with some fish to boot

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Great stuff, Wade!

Have a safe and fun trip up north next weekend!

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

Nice fish I will have to get up there with the father in law some time. He is only about 60 mi from there. We fished the shoots last saturday with no luck.

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Nice fish I will have to get up there with the father in law some time. He is only about 60 mi from there. We fished the shoots last saturday with no luck.

Welcome to IDO, Matt!

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Welcome aboard Matt…you’re proof they’ll let ANYone in here…

We’ll hit some water soon!

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

I guess so I would not know about it if it wasnt for you.

We will have to hit the water some time soon.

Thanks for the welcome Wade. And thank you Brian for the welcome.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

I’m here to help, Matt…

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

LOL Brian just to clear it up I knew you were kidding. It will be ok bud. I know you will help me no matter what. Thanks your a good bud go KVFD.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Glad to see you got into a few fish Wade. You should be warmed up for our trip to Pool 4 this week!!!!

Welcome to IDO Matt.

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

Thanks Ben by the way I have heard nothing but very good things about you from Brian. He is a good guy.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

What? Nah….all I’ve done is smack talk him, I’m pretty sure…

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

Oh [censored] Brian your a funny guy. Did you fish today. I went out with Fred to yanney managed a few big gills.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.