out for fun

• sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

I went out with the some friends on the river just to get out. I work the boat and they did the fishing and we caught 2 walleyes a 17&1/2 and a 24&1/2, 4 smallmouths aorund 2&1/2 pounds each. a 31inch pike and a 8 pound channel cat. All still swimming.

stuart
    Mn.

Sounds like time well spent.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

I figured I could show all these pics cause you can’t tell where on the river we are at. lol.. Now I can’t wait to put a rod back in my hands. The shoulder was just to sore, so I just controlled the boat and loved the beautiful day

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

The walleyes bite is on FIRE right now on the river! Especially from Decatur and Ponca. As the water temperatures start to drop in the river, the bite will keep up untill ice is coming down. This is the only time a year the fishing is any good in this state.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

This is the only time a year the fishing is any good in this state.

I would strongly disagree with that.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

Ok let me clarify. The only good time on the east side of the state around Omaha. Plus if you try to compare fishing in Nebraska to states around us. Our fishing is mediocre at best. South and North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin. Out of what I call the fishing belt. Ours has a lot to be desired. We just don’t have the bodies of water like those states. Now out west you have better fishing but if I’m driving 200 plus miles I’d rather go to South Dakota than western Nebraska. I fish all those states and there’s no comparison

whitetips2

Quote:

Ok let me clarify. The only good time on the east side of the state around Omaha. Plus if you try to compare fishing in Nebraska to states around us. Our fishing is mediocre at best. South and North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin. Out of what I call the fishing belt. Ours has a lot to be desired. We just don’t have the bodies of water like those states. Now out west you have better fishing but if I’m driving 200 plus miles I’d rather go to South Dakota than western Nebraska. I fish all those states and there’s no comparison

Yep, our neighboring states have more water than we do, but Nebraska offers some good fishing opportunities. We offer quality fishing for a variety of species. Have you done any fishing for wipers in any of the states you mentioned? How about flatheads? Pound-plus bluegills?

Run down the fishing in Nebraska as much as you want. You bet there is a lot of good fishing in other states I would like to take advantage of too, and if I get enough time I will. But, I also know that Nebraska has a lot to offer, a lot of variety, and a lot of quality fish too. Oh, and by the way, we have a lot of folks from other states that come here to fish too.

Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    [email protected]
    Bauer’s Barbs and Backlashes

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

NOPE, I don’t fish for any of those. No desire to! Im all about marble eyes!

whitetips2

Quote:

Well then you still need to check out some Nebraska waters. In know guys from Minnesota who come to fish for walleyes in Nebraska every year!

Daryl B.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

That’s cool! I know some that come for hunting and bring a rod. (fly rod) I also know we have some great catfishing! I also know they come for tournaments to. If it wasn’t for a broken collar bone I’d be having a rod out instead of driving the boat for friends. but for that same reason I’ve missed a trip to leech and LOW. To me its more than just for the fishing. Its were my heart is. your heart is here. mine is there. We can both agree that we love the sport with a passion! People can agree to disagree with out getting so up tight

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

Quote:

Quote:

Well then you still need to check out some Nebraska waters. In know guys from Minnesota who come to fish for walleyes in Nebraska every year!

Daryl B.

Ive fished Merritt, calimus, Harlan, big mac, Harlan and the Missouri from SD line all the way to Nebraska city. I will say I’ve wanted to try Johnson But haven’t decided when

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.