fishing tailrace

• mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

what is the portion below the dam I can fish on the SD side with a NE license? Is it only the 0.6 miles from the dam. I fished the NE side today and it was slow to say the least. I would like to give the SD side a shot if I can. Maybe it would be better. Any help is appreciated.

kwp
    Participant
    Eden Prairie

Not sure what tailrace/dam you are refering to??

deertracker
    Participant

Quote:

Not sure what tailrace/dam you are refering to??

Look above to the forum he posted in…
    DT

whitetips2
    Participant

Quote:

what is the portion below the dam I can fish on the SD side with a NE license? Is it only the 0.6 miles from the dam. I fished the NE side today and it was slow to say the least. I would like to give the SD side a shot if I can. Maybe it would be better. Any help is appreciated.

It is all border water, you can fish it all with a Nebraska permit.

From the 2011-2012 Fishing Guide, 2011-2012 Fishing Guide,

Quote:

BORDER WATERS

Anglers holding a Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa, or Missouri sport fishing license may fish all waters of the Missouri River in the state they are licensed, as well as Missouri
    River waters of the state immediately across the river.

• Missouri River waters are defined to include all flowing portions and backwaters, sloughs and chutes that draw water from the Missouri River.

• Oxbows and backwaters separated from the Missouri River by land are included if the state boundary line passes through some part of such waters.

• Mouths of tributaries may be fished only in the state that the angler is licensed.

• Anglers may fish from either bank or boats.

• Anglers fishing in the state for which they do not hold a fishing permit must abide by the more restrictive of the two state’s regulations.

Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    [email protected]
    Bauer’s Barbs and Backlashes

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

Thanks for the info guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.