HIGHHHHHHHHH! Water

• fluff47
    Participant
    NE Nebraska

Fished out of Verdel over Mother’s Day weekend and again Sunday. Can’t believe what they are doing to that stretch of river. Use to be a slice of God’s Country. Now homes flooded, banks eroded, while acres and acres of natural habitat are washed away. All while some crew sits in the middle of the river with heavy equipment, barges, and pumps trying to build a sand hill for the birds. Go figure??? Our tax dollars at work. One branch of government builds sand piles as another washes it away. (it and half the land it took mother nature decades to put there) I guess that’s what government calls job creation?

Anyway, we were looking for bass. Ended up with a 5fish limit of 11 pounds. Not bad. Wasn’t as godd as in the past, had to cover lots of water to find what we did, but water temp’s were only up in the mid 50’s. Maybe they are still moving back and not all there yet to spawn. Could be having problems finding the right place also. Where they spawned the last 30yrs is now under 8 foot of water with current rolling over it. They’ll have to find new spots that were dry land before.

chomps
    Participant
    Sioux City IA

seems as though it will be that way for awhile, every time I drive along the river I can’t believe how high the big muddy is.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.