Minnetonka ice drive out spots

• slimmer157

Hi I was hoping someone would enlighten me on places I can get onto lake minnetonka via truck. I’m familiar with the lake just not in winter excess points. Thanks in advance.

TipUpFishOn

You can drive onto the North Arm via the North Arm Launch off of 51 and you can drive out of Saint Louis Bay at Deephaven Beach.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Do yourself a favor: do NOT drive through a narrow channel anywhere. There is current there and all of the salt from the bridge above gets plowed onto the ice in those areas, making the ice very questionable. Just a suggestion based on the quantity of vehicles that go through those areas every winter.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Same as the summer access plus some fire lanes and parks.

MnPat1

Wayzata beach
    North arm public access
    Spring park public access
    Surfside beach cooks bay
    Excelsior near Haskell’s
    Spring park near goose island
    Carsons bay access
    Phelps bay near bridge to upper lake
    Maxwell bay public access

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Do they plow any of these roads? With the recent snow, I was thinking a 4×4 might not be enough.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Do they plow any of these roads? With the recent snow, I was thinking a 4×4 might not be enough.

some are plowed. you could drive 2 semis next to each other on spring park bay or cooks. some of these smaller launches wont be plowed at all

zooks

Depends – this time of year, most places will get plowed because lots of people have perms/rentals out there but later in the season, like after walleye closes, they won’t be.

I was out last Friday and getting around was real easy if you avoided the hard drifts, I doubt that will continue to be the case.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.