Milwaukee Lawnmower

• donkoehne
    NULL

Does anyone have experience with the Milwaukee Lawnmower?
    I would like to upgrade to one.
    I have a small yard so I think one charge will be ok.
    My concern is I do mulch a substantial amount of leaves in the fall and then pick them up with the bagger attachment.

Reef W

I don’t have it but do have all electric lawn tools now from Ryobi. Look at the whole ecosystem of what you think you’ll eventually want to run. Using the same system to reuse batteries is good but if you don’t need a 12ah battery for any of your Milwaukee tools you aren’t really “combining” them. On the other hand getting 12ah batteries with your mower and using them for drill auger would make sense.

In my case my Milwaukee tools are sufficient with the few small batteries I have so I went Ryobi for lawn tools since they are less expensive and 40v so you don’t need two batteries for mower or blower (not sure what else needs two with 18v) which seems like it could be annoying.

For leaves in particular I still use gas mower. I don’t think electric lifts as well as gas mowers because to save power they spin slower until they detect resistance and then speed up. It works fine for standing grass but not so great for things that need to be sucked up into blade. I haven’t tried it much with leaves though since I get 50+ bags worth in the fall and the battery would never last anyways.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Reviews of the Milwaukee mower have been good and they seem to have thought of the problem of doing heavy mulching or leaves because they include a special mode that allows the mower to run at full speed for mulching tasks. Milwaukee seems to have engineered this more more for a prosumer or even a straight professional user target market.

The one thing I’ll note having seen this mower at a demo days is that you must have two batteries to run it. Unlike some electric power equipment it won’t run on a single battery. Supposedly an effective estimate is that this mower with two of the 12 amp hour batteries will mow three quarter acre lots with a reserve to spare.

With mulching on high mode they estimate 40 minutes of run time. Again that’s with two 12 amp hour batteries.

My experience since I own all Milwaukee cordless tools is that the genuine Milwaukee batteries tend to last 4 to 5 years under my use. So that’s a pretty good lifespan but looking at the cost of those 12 amp-hour batteries it is something that has to be considered. Perhaps replacing those 12 amp hour batteries will be cheaper in the future but right now it’s a substantial investment.

Reef W

they seem to have thought of the problem of doing heavy mulching or leaves because they include a special mode that allows the mower to run at full speed for mulching tasks.

Oh, that would be nice. Not lifting things is really my only complaint about my electric. I wonder what it does to battery life though. My lawn is not great to say the least but it only speeds up for about 1/4 of the lawn where the grass is thicker.

castle-rock-clown

I just bought one a week ago and yes I am a BIG Milwaukee fan boy. I’ve. Been extremely satisfied with all my Milwaukee tools performance. That being said, after consuming Yahoo reviews to satisfy my OCD, I’ve come to the conclusion if your bagging or side discharging the Milwaukee is second to none. But if mulching you are more prone to get stray clumps. E-GO has a dual blade where Milwaukee doesn’t, and I believe that’s why the green mower gives a better result when mulching.

donkoehne
    NULL

I normally cut over my fallen leaves a couple times then bag them. Clumping wouldn’t be a issue, I just want to make sure the mower has enough power to mulch thru 3 or 4 inches of leaves and then the ability to suck most of the cut up leaves up.

castle-rock-clown

I normally cut over my fallen leaves a couple times then bag them. Clumping wouldn’t be a issue, I just want to make sure the mower has enough power to mulch thru 3 or 4 inches of leaves and then the ability to suck most of the cut up leaves up.

I’ll let you know this fall

donkoehne
    NULL

I pulled the trigger on the Milwaukee.
    After cutting the grass four times I have to say it is as nice a piece of equipment as I have ever owned.
    It ranks up there with my 1994 ProV Deluxe and our Speed Queen washer.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m pretty much Pro-Milwaukee everything and have tons of batteries and tools. I bet this mower is pretty sweet.

With that said, is the pricetag for the Milwaukee push mower really $1100?!?

I’m in year ~15 or so with a $149 Menards Special. I have a huge area to mow in the country with a compact tractor and an x540, but still bang that thing around a few culverts and close to the house without hardly doing any maintenance. I literally pour in good fuel, pull it twice, and mow. I might start it once a Winter if I remember. I don’t see what problem this Milwaukee mower is solving, regardless of how cool it probably is.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m pretty much Pro-Milwaukee everything and have tons of batteries and tools. I bet this mower is pretty sweet.

With that said, is the pricetag for the Milwaukee push mower really $1100?!?

I’m in year ~15 or so with a $149 Menards Special. I have a huge area to mow in the country with a compact tractor and an x540, but still bang that thing around a few culverts and close to the house without hardly doing any maintenance. I literally pour in good fuel, pull it twice, and mow. I might start it once a Winter if I remember. I don’t see what problem this Milwaukee mower is solving, regardless of how cool it probably is.

My craftsman was 150 bucks 16 years ago. 1 pull it fires up every time. I like electric tools. But there’s a place and time for them. Snowblower and lawnmower is a no in my book

brandmoney

I’ve had a chance to play around with the Milwaukee mower and it’s blown me away. It’s miles ahead of any other battery powered mower on the market, exactly what you would come to expect from Milwaukee. Personally I still run a gas mower, but would have no complaints running a Milwaukee at some point in the future. They are a bit on the expensive side, but that’s mainly because of the batteries that come with it.

jwellsy

I’ve been lusting for a Milwaukee mower since they were first announced. I finally decided to pull the trigger on one, but wound up watching a few videos & reviews that complained about the mowers quitting. It was enough to nudge me into the Stihl camp. So far I’m pretty impressed with it. It mulches, bags and side discharges. The rear wheel drive takes some getting used to and I’m going to put some fuel line on the wire safety & drive bail handles. I got the larger Stihl battery and my lawn takes less then 25% of a charge. It’s very rugged and folds up and stores away nicely. So far I’m very pleased with it and confident Stihl will stand behind it (famous last words). Anyway, I caught this Stihl on sale and they upgraded the battery, all said it was almost half what the Milwaukee is. Then again I don’t think it has headlights.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.