Pier Fishing & Salmon Run Update

• Keith Heberlein
    Participant
    Two Rivers, WI

The fishing out on the lake has been mixed. The big fish are in close and the smaller fish are out deep in 240 feet of water. The pier action was good, but you have to be willing to miss some sleep as the best action was from 1:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. on Fri. night. The first wave of fish moved into the river and the piers are starting to get crowded. Marshmellows and floating spawn sacs are the choice baits. With the possibilty of a good rain storm moving in, in the next day or two that would cause a big run up the river. We saw ever changing weather from flat to 6 foot waves this weekend. Fri. we picked up a 2 man limit and sat out the big waves on Sat. J-plugs in close and flasher flies out deep. fished very deep in 240 feet of water.

swany
    Participant
    Southeastern Minnesota.

As we are gettin some really heavy rain here today….I can only hope you get some in the next couple of days…Sounds like they are ready to go….I’ll try and make plans tommorow…for later next week…Have to get the guy’s PUMPED!!!I’ll see if they want to charter….Thanx

SWANY

Keith Heberlein
    Participant
    Two Rivers, WI

The lakers are all but gone in the area, but the salmon fishing has more than made up for that. I think I met your father, is the boat name Bermuda? Or something like that. Been trying to put them on fish, but they are having a great time. We have been hit hard with ran yesterday so the big run for salmon I would expect to happen the next couple days. The lake has been rough 6-8 foot waves keeping the boats from going out, but I am getting reports of salmon pretty far up the rivers now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.