Two Rivers Update

• Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

The waves gave us the morning off today, but the action has been early and late in the day. Kings are taking up most of the cooler space, but a few browns and rainbows are mixed in and the lake trout bite up north of town is going on. A 22 lb brown came in this week and we were spooled for the first time in a long time from a big salmon. He turned and burned us before we had time to chase him. Thats a powerful fish. Waters been warming on the surface, but the 100 feet range is full of fish. A mix of lures working, with the green J-plug and the green flasher and green Jimmy fly on the bottom working best for us. Good Luck on the water!

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Hey Willie Bee, I sure had a good time over that way at Algoma. catching those salmon and they sure are good eating. Does anyone ever catch walleye’s over there. I was just curious. It seems like if there’s enough feed in the lake to make those salmon that big in 4 years there must be some big walleye’s around somewhere. Steve

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

Not any walleye in our area of Lake Michigan to speak of. You want to hit the Bay of Green Bay or Lake Winnibago in our area for the big walleyes. Bago has been awsome this year. The smallies on Green Bay are huge also. This is the time of year for the fighting salmon though.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

yep those fish really fight good. I was just curious is all. When do the fish move in closer to shore (or shallower anyway) so a person dosen’t need downriggers. I was thinking either snap weights, trolling in-line weights or a jet diver would work if the fish ere in the 30 foot depth range. Thanks for all the info it’s a great area over there. Do you guide on the bay for walleyes also? Steve

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

You may want to consider the spawning run the late Aug and Sept. the fish are entering the rivers and trolling in front of the pier heads produces some big fish. Surface lines and dipseys can easily catch fish without downriggers at that time. I don’t guide on the Bay, just Lake Michigan for now, but we may be expanding to Winnibago and other fishing and hunting oportunities in the future.

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

Just wondering How the bite is over there? I usually fish by Algoma in the fall. But last year I fished in two rivers..during the fall run..the west twin I think and had the best time of my life…Are they stageing out in front of the harbor yet?…I’m land locked without a boat but enjoy the pier..even chartered out once last year …THAT WAS A BLAST!!!!!..I would like to fish the area again…but not sure when to use my few valiuble vac days….any help?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.