Metro-ish lakes with cats

• tim hurley
    Participant

Like to go panfishing with an older guy, once a year we bump into a Channel Cat on this lake, this lake does not have a lot of them and I cannot pattern them when I target them. The horseshoe chain is a little too far & I can only get them there dusk and night. I have a lake where i can get them daytime but I can only get my Jon boat in, too small and tippy.
    Thanks

tim hurley
    Participant

OOps I get that the ‘ssippi is not a lake doah That said if you know of a good lake for channels let me know-Thanks

Justin Donson
    Participant

I know the Pokegama Lake/Snake River/Cross Lake in Pine City have some channel cats, definitely caught a few out there in the past. It’s been awhile though!

years and years ago I caught an 11 pounder on my ultra light, and one even bigger that we didn’t weigh, but had to be in the 15-20 range given how much bigger it was than the 11 pounder.

tim hurley
    Participant

Cross is where my friend got the kitty bug, and I do get them sometimes when I fish pannies but have not been able to pattern them, ideas? Have also been looking at Big Swan but it is a bit far away.
    You got some biggies Justin, especially for light gear. Thanks for the help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.