Metro Ice 2021/22

• Deuces
    Participant

Ha! Y’all wish there was ice!

Most of lake of the isles was skimmed over today, Calhoun was wide open. Gonna be awhile yet for that one and Harriet. Enjoy hitting the virgin ice out there early. I’ll be around area thru next week, see if it changes.

Crystal is skimmed over, as is south twin, north twin mostly but spotty.

I’m curious as to any bigger body of water skimmed over that might take off sooner than the others. Eagle perhaps?

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Little diamond lake in my hood opened back up today. It’s gonna be awhile before Harriet and Calhoun are fishable.

Early ice on those lakes can be pretty good but don’t tell anyone.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Even the little ponds by my office opened back up, should be out in a boat right now!

luttes
    Participant
    Maplewood/WBL

We’ll start making ice next week. 14 for the low monday morning and 7 on tuesday.

tim hurley
    Participant

Calhoun is the last lake in the state to freeze!

Chris
    Participant

Saw someone out on Bush in Bloomington yesterday. Albeit not far from the landing. A few open/sketchy spots it looked like, but maybe a few inches out there?

I’m sure this storm won’t help but I’m gonna try to check a few other lakes this weekend. Minnewashta had ice near the landing that should be walkable.

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

This snow could not come at a worse time when the lakes have just froze over.

Mike Otis
    Participant

A few of the back channels of Tonka are freezing up, might even be fishable, but I haven’t made the drive out there yet.

I grew up fishing it, but live nearly 45 minutes from there now.

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

This snow could not come at a worse time when the lakes have just froze over.

Agree. If we get lucky the warm weather next week will melt it and turn it into ice

tim hurley
    Participant

Funny that warm weather would help ice!

Deuces
    Participant

Calhoun edges gone out 6′ or more. In case anyone was curious

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20220330_193702228-scaled.jpg

Ny
    Participant
    N Metro

Ice gone out on tonka yet?

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Ice gone out on tonka yet?

Yeah I think so, I saw a video today with open water. And this wind has to be blowing off anything that’s left!

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Hope you right Werm, I am more than itching to wet a line soon. All though this weekend looks crappy.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Both Lake Waconia which is just west of Minnetonka and Medicine Lake which is just east, have no more ice. Both are sizable lakes too. Tonka has to be very close if its not declared ice free today. Ironically, Lake Minnetonka’s average ice out date is April 14, which is today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.