Another Nebraska Muskie from Merritt

• Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

My friend Todd was at Merritt over the weekend for a NWT walleye tournament. His highlight of the weekend was this 44 inch muskie. There have been several caught this year and I hope to hook into something similar when I’m up there in a couple of weeks. Congrats on a dandy Nebraska muskie Todd. By the way he caught it while trolling for walleyes.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

By the way this beast was CPR’d to be caught another day.

timschmitz
    Participant
    Waconia MN

Nebraska has muskies the markings on that fish are cool. Ben do you know what strain they stock?

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

We have several lakes in the state that have Muskies I don’t know what strain they are though?

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Nebraska has muskies the markings on that fish are cool. Ben do you know what strain they stock?

We have a few lakes across the state that have muskies. Merritt Reservoir is probably the best muskie fishery in the state. It also holds the state record muskie weighing 41 pounds, 8 ounces, and was caught in 1992. That fish measured 52 inches long. I live a mile and a half from a lake that holds muskies and I’m real close to investing in a some equipment so I can start chasing these beasts.

As far as the strain goes I don’t know. I’ll see what I can find out though.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Before our drought, Elwood Reservoir was headed down the road of being a great muskie fishery as well. Now that it’s about 45-50′ down, I’m sure it has hurt the muskies along with everything else. There are still a few incidental catches, but not very many. I netted a 40 incher last year for a guy, so there are still some nice ones in there.

Nice fish Todd!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.