Menomin – End of Football Season

• stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Took advantage of the warm weather to head out on the ice yesterday afternoon for the last time this season. Just when the fishing is getting good, I’ll be out of the country for the next 2 weeks.

Ben and I went set out to search for football shaped jumbos. Action wasn’t fast, but did keep these between 9 and 12″. Two girls pushing 13″ were put back. It would be dead for a while, then a school would move through and give us a little aggressive spurt. 7 ‘eyes also decided they liked our small baits, with the biggest about 16.”

Was a decent season overall on the “Dead Sea.” Good luck to those still heading out, as the ice should be solid for a while yet.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Way to go, Stretch!

Menomin can sure put out some nice Perch, eh? From what I’m told, it used to have some true Jumbo’s too.

Keep up the good work, you’re makin’ me wish I never would have left!

Pete

bigpike

Nice job stretch! Been out the last two days, Glen Loch and Lake Eau Claire. The areas I fished were DEAD! Hit Glen Loch and pretty much covered the whole lake, found a couple guy’s tipup fishing with 1 pike on the ice , I reminded them of the regs and went on my way.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

nice fish!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.