Menomin After dark

• MikeLarson

I was out fishing this saturday and noticed after dark it looked like everyone left is their no night bite or did the packers game play a roll in it?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’m guessing the dynamic tromping the Pack put upon the Falcons had a lot to do with it. I caught my second biggest walleye to date on Menomin around 11pm and also loaded up on gills the same night. This was open water in the summer though. Not sure if it would matter. I’ll let the Menomin experts chime in.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

We are normally the last ones standing in our little village. Most of the guys head out shortly after dark. You can catch fish after dark though. They seem to come in waves. The bite for us has been good from 5:30am to 7:30am and then form 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Cribbage and miller lite fill in the gaps of no fish nicely.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Water clarity isn’t that great on the lake even in the winter.I see the lake has been getting allot of pressure this lately don’t know if it’s from a good bite or less people working

darrin_bauer
    Inactive
    Menomonie Wi.

Much of the crowd is out there during the daytime in the middle of the week so either laid off or shift workers. Either way I haven’t ever seen this many shacks on the old green pit.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

This is the first year I have fished this lake. I put out a shack and am trying to figure it out. It’s been tough so far.

Well Menomin is called the Dead Sea after all…

Really though, keep at it and you’ll get in a groove that works. Menomin marches to a different cadence than most lakes, and once it’s dialed in, one can be very successful

Good Luck

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Larson, biggest thing about Menomin is it’s a featureless basin for the most part. Be mobile, as the fish move all the time, other than the cemetary and cutoff-which are wintering holes. Lots of fish out there in that dead sea!

Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.