Menomin over Holidays

• stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

After being gone from “internet land” over the past week or so, I was expecting to see a report or two…

I didn’t get out as much as I was hoping, but managed a few late afternoon trips with my boys early in the week between the holidays. Sure is nice to have to surface firm up finally and be able to move around.

After some moving/adjusting, finally worked on putting together a decent crappie bite. Plenty of the typical 11-12″. Good to see a nice class of smaller specks as well. Hopefully the patterns hold for a bit before the mid-winter doldrums.

Woody…Marcum is working great. Sure was an excited 7 yr old on Christmas morning. He put it to work immediately, and has no problem telling people how he’s outfishing Dad.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Thanks for the report, Stretch!

Nice fish!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice So what Marcum did he un-wrap on xmas?

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Way to go Chris I had family in town from Christams to New Years so I my ice time was limited. I did get out last night for a while and got a few nice slabs and quite a few of the smaller ones you mentioned.

We put the permanent out yesterday with the 4 wheeler. It was smooth going until we tried to cross some snow . We broke through the top 2 inch layer of ice and sunk into about 10 inches of slush. After a quick 180 we opted to put it in a spot where we did not have to cross any snow piles. I’m hoping after the cold week we have ahead all the hidden slush will be frozen up.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Glad to hear the Marcum made the little guy happy!! I got out for the first time this year in the backwater by my house last week and the bite was on fire. Iced about 30 gills and 2 crappies in about 1 hour. It was the best ice fishing day for me ever.Went back the next day and the only guy from the day before was camped out right where I was the day before.I moved about 40 yards away and after drilling about 8 holes I fount the fish again and it was game on.I don’t know how long this will last but i will take it.Good luck on the local pond.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.