Menomin Update

• 85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Must be some good ice out there on the main lake. I saw a few guys over the cribs at kamp’s this afternoon. If you were out there let us know how much ice there is. Good Luck and be safe

liljac
    Lakeville, MN

YIKES! I don’t think we ever ventured out onto the main lake this early. I was just over there last Friday and it was still all open water…Make sure your walking on footsteps i guess! Good Luck!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

YIKES! I don’t think we ever ventured out onto the main lake this early. I was just over there last Friday and it was still all open water…Make sure your walking on footsteps i guess! Good Luck!

That is kind of what I was thinking. I will not be going out onto the main lake for a while. There are still eyes to had on p4.

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Few folks wandering out that way again this morning. I’m not quite that brave yet. (or that light I guess.)

I fished in Butch’s Bay yesterday afternoon for a couple hours, and there’s about 6″ of good ice in there. Felt good to get our for the first time. Kept 8, mostly crappie with a few decent ones. I’ve heard that morning bite has been better. Plenty of people out, so where’s the reports?

Didn’t keep a limit so I could take my son out after school. We hit the Cut Off for just a bit before dark, and nothing happening there. About 3″ of ice there.

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Pic from yesterday. I didn’t think to take a picture until after I already had the bigger gill fileted. One of these times I’ll actually take the camera out with me.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Good Lookin Slabs Chris. I will search you out on the ice this year so we can finally meet. Look for the guy with the tipdowns Have you put the tipdowns to work yet or did those ones fall to the jiggin stick?

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Just jigging. It’s enough of a zoo out there without chasing tip-downs, and was just a last minute trip anyway.

You’ll know where to find me…

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Nice report guys! Once Russ gets the shack out, I’ll drive out a say hello and maybe drag the tip ups along.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Nice report guys! Once Russ gets the shack out, I’ll drive out a say hello and maybe drag the tip ups along.

We’ll make a lake fisherman out of you yet Doc

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I miss Menomin

bigpike

Quote:

I miss Menomin

Where you at now Pete?

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Quote:

I miss Menomin

Where you at now Pete?

As a fellow Minnesotan I can say, Pete moved back to the right side of the border.

Those poor P2 walleyes wished he would have stayed in Menomonie.

Sully

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Yep. MN for now…..

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

anyone been out how much snow is on the lake

red89
    Hudson

Ventured out for a few hours on saturday night in the blizzard. Only caught one gill and a pike. Obviously could not do any hole hopping, just set up the shack and hoped we would not blow away. The snow was really deep and the weight was pushing a lot of water up out of the holes and on to the surrounding area. We had about 6″ of ice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.