Menomin…anyone home?

• stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

I figured it was about time to turn this bobber red.

I have been out very infrequently, but my 7 year old wanted to head out last evening and I certainly can’t turn down a “Dad Date.” Decided to look for crappies around the cemetery. They’re not shallow yet, but staging off the first break. Caught about 15, but scattered around.

We’ve been out a few times up river in late August and early September, between the floods anyway. Consistent mix of whitebass and smallies to keep the boys entertained. Got into a few walleyes on plastics right at dark several times. Not many numbers, but solid fish from 18-23.”

At least the rain is helping the green to get flushed out!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sounds like a good time on the water

I have been past the Lake many times do to a daughter at Stout. I can’t believe how green that lake gets. From the reports and pictures it sure holds some nice fish regardless of it’s color

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Dad and I were out last weekend for a few hours. Found a little bit of everything. Ill post more when I get home from work tonight

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I was out last Saturday for a little bit. We got a few small eyes and a few white bass. We ventured up by the 94 bridge and the water was swirling like mad. I thought i was on the Wisconsin River WE bailed early and opted for a steak dinner instead of fighting the “lake current”. I’ll be out breaking in the “Tower of Power” this weekend. Had the power head rebuilt. I pick her up tonight.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Gotta love the name, “tower of power”-now,new and improved!

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Here are a few from last weekend.

Dad and I made it our for a few hours last Sunday since fishing the Mississippi the day before yielded a few short fish and lots of frustration. Not having been on the lake since early May I wasn’t sure what to expect, however looking back at notes from previous years and watching water temps I had an idea. While we didn’t knock the socks off the fish, we had steady action all afternoon. We focused our attention on main-lake cribs pitching 3/32oz B-Fish jigs with a fathead minnow. Within the next few weeks those crappies should really start schooling up.

I hope to make it over again before next May

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Dandy Crappies Pete

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.