Lake Menomin Fishing 10/27/13

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

It doesn’t seem that long ago the Lake Menomin Forum here was plump full of reports, pictures, and updates. Where’d everyone go?

I made it over for a few hours on Sunday with pretty good luck – Crappies, Walleyes, a perch, pike, and bass – seemed to be a little bit of everything biting.

I was disappointed to arrive in town on a beautiful fall Sunday only to find the bait-shop closed… a bummer. I made due using plastics, just shifted my plans accordingly.

Attached is a picture of our best walleye for the morning, 21″. The video details how I’m targeting crib relating crappies.

Hope to make it over a few more times before ice up!

Pete

Lake Menomin Crappie Crib Fishing Video 10/27/13

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I still haven’t figured that lake out.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Nice video… I use a lot os 1″ gulp minnows in the same manner… may need to try something a little bigger this time of the year.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice post Pete.
    Your crib fishing video is spot on!
    I never could figure out why people insist on using bobbers when you don’t have to.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Nice video… I use a lot os 1″ gulp minnows in the same manner… may need to try something a little bigger this time of the year.

I like to start with larger baits and downsize as needed – typically in the fall, bigger baits are no issue. From my experience, if the bait is too big you’ll still get bit but just wont hook up. If that’s the case, shorten the bait and retry!

Quote:

Nice post Pete.
    Your crib fishing video is spot on!
    I never could figure out why people insist on using bobbers when you don’t have to.

Thanks, Joel.

Don’t get me wrong – bobbers most definitely have a place when crib fishing and if you know for a fact that specific crib is loaded with fish, can be very effective. In the fall I fish with more of a ‘run n gun’ mentality, making bobbers a major pain.

Not to mention, I love the crack on the line aggressive crappies give you. Hand to hand crib crappie combat!

Pete

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.