Any tips

• matt-p
    Participant
    White Bear Lake, MN

I just started school at UW Stout and have started to fish Menomin any one have any tips on where to find fish fish or wanna go fishing send me a PM or just post here.
    Tight lines
    Matt P

85lund
    Participant
    Menomonie, WI

The lake is full of cribs. These cribs hold fish most of the time. Most of the permanents are on or around the groupings of cribs. I would start there and talk to some of the old timers you meet out fishing. Most of them are glad to help you out and know the scoop on the lake. I haven’t been out much this year because of the mild winter, but my favorite jig is a glow ratfink and a waxie or 2. Good Luck

stretchout
    Participant
    Menomonie, WI

This time of year, especially in the pressured areas, best bite is often after dark. Fish here tend to really roam around, so don’t be afraid to keep moving if you aren’t marking anything. A hot spot one day might be completely dead the next. And yes, there’s plenty to be caught away from the crowd, so don’t be afraid to explore.

Personally, I hate waxies so I’m usually jigging plastics of some sort. Not saying waxies don’t work, I just don’t like using them.

85lund
    Participant
    Menomonie, WI

I agree that getting away from the crowds might be improve the fishing, but if you don’t know the lake it is pretty tough to just go out any find fish. If you’re gonna go that route get a good map and dig in

matt-p
    Participant
    White Bear Lake, MN

I have the Map book of the area and the Navionic map on my phone.. I’m gonna be out all day tomorrow. I plan to drill a lot of holes and keep moving until I find them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.