MenominTainterWalleyeLeague Test Pics—crappies!

• docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Well Pete, did this just for you!

Russ and I went out last night for a ‘test run’ on taking pics for measurement–what we found out is even single-brain celled individuals such as ourselves could easily do it!
    Notice the 2nd pic is of Russ, just holding a crappie–we need “hero pics”, so if you get a nice fish-after the measurement pic, hold it up and take a nice picture of it. These pics will be displayed on the website well as with the results. Take hero pics of all of them if you want to. Take the measurement pic first and follow it with the ‘hero shot’.
    Now a question I can see coming is, “what if the fish flops right at the time of the measurement pic?”-no problem, just snap another measurement pic and then DELETE the bad pic off the chip. That way, the measurement pics match the scoresheet. As Dean beat into my head with a St. Croix 6’8″ MXF legend extreme with a 4oz bell sinker-‘KEEP IT SIMPLE @#$%^&”. To add to keeping it simple, the league will be providing everyone with a ruler for the night, so no one has to buy one. They will be handed out at the beginning of the night and turned in at the end with the score sheet–this just keeps life simple, eliminates ruler tampering and for those that come over and fish just a couple times a year, there’s a ruler for them to use.

BTW, Pete, the crappies are BIG and prespawn–think the population has rebounded nicely since Pete graduated from Stout!!!!
    Russ will have an example of the score sheet and measurement pics up on the website later today or early tomorrow. Also, notice the ‘word of the day’ paper is in a gallon ziplock bag-these will be provided and use is obvious when you think of water and paper mixing together.

Jeremy

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

@#$%!^#&!$#&%!^#&^%!

Sigh… Thanks for that Doc…

Is their a handicap for every mile you live away from the lake?

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Russ has a good explanation on the website allwalleyes.com well as pics of score sheet, word of the day sheet and examples of fish photo/measurements.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

and Pete, your crappies are waiting!!!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Just a quick reminder—all fish measured nose first on the bump board, just like the crappie photo noted above. This is now clarified on the website as well. do your best not to cover the fish with your hand–as I did in one of our test pics. Nobody is going to get beat up for making a blunder–Lord knows I’ll make a few!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Just to let everyone know it is a go for tonight! Only reason to cancel would be lightening or threat of a thunderstorm, which we will be watching via cell phone and weather on marine band.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

How’d it go Doc? What was the results ?

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Jesse,
    Went great!! Tim and I had a blast and was a beautiful night to be on the water. Could not have had a better first night, everyone was great! check out the site as all the info is there. In talking with all the guys, the overriding thought was many walleyes are still up in the river system and filtering down–this will change in two weeks when we are back on Menomin. As for next week, I’ll have to find out how many cookies it takes to get Tainter intell out of Deano—

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.