Memory cards for Quickdraw Countours

• Reef W

On their website it says “Map data can be captured on any SD card, including Garmin LakeVü™ HD Ultra maps, BlueChart® g2 charts or BlueChart® g2 Vision® charts.” Does the “any SD card” mean you can just buy a regular blank SD card or is it any SD card with some kind of maps on it. With Humminbird you need to purchase the Zero Lines card as far as I know so I’m trying to determine the differences.

Danny Thompson
    Minnesota

As a very general rule of thumb 1GB of data is 1,000 acres of lake map…not there are many variables so that is why I say a rule of thumb. However the great this is this is a free and very easy to use feature on the Garmin Units heck even the 4″ units will do it.

Now if you have an EchoMap there is one card slot so if you want to run the Ultra card and do Quickdraw just make sure you get a 2016 card or newer as there is extra room on those cards just for that reason.

Reef W

Thanks Danny. I just ordered a 73SV for the console and 43DV for the front yesterday. Can’t wait to get them installed and try them!

The only other thing that I’m a bit unclear on is the ‘User Data Sharing Cable’ for sharing waypoints between them. Nowhere that I’ve seen lists how long it is. I called support and they said about 6′ which I’m not sure will be long enough. It looks to me like it’s just wire, nothing special about it. Is that true that I can just use any wire to connect the tx of one unit to the rx of the other?

catnip
    south metro

It looks like most of the garmin units will take up to a 32 gig card. I really wanted to try this feature out on Sunday night but I forgot the dang card in my car. I have the 73sv and so far it is way nicer than the helix I had last year.

Danny Thompson
    Minnesota

That’s great! I really think you will like the units we have put a lot into them and I think you will love them when you get out!

As far as being able to share waypoints between those 2 units you should do exactly what you said and just wire them together with the NEMA 0183 wires that are on the powercord wire. you will hook opposite colors up as one is a transmit and one is a revive. That is the best and most simple way to share waypoints on the Echo units.

eric borkoski

If you do decide to order a data cable from Garmin I believe they are about 30ft long. I got one last yer to run between a 93SV at the consol and 73DV at the bow on a Ranger 520 and I cut the cable and had a ton of cable left over.
    And if I remember correctly it was a whopping $20

Reef W

If you do decide to order a data cable from Garmin I believe they are about 30ft long. I got one last yer to run between a 93SV at the consol and 73DV at the bow on a Ranger 520 and I cut the cable and had a ton of cable left over.
    And if I remember correctly it was a whopping $20

Oh, thanks! That makes a lot more sense than 6′ like support said.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I have the Garmin 73 and they are both at the lake, but i need an SD card to draw my own maps. Is it a micro sd card or the standard SD card?

Reef W

I have the Garmin 73 and they are both at the lake, but i need an SD card to draw my own maps. Is it a micro sd card or the standard SD card?

Micro

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Thank you!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.