Medicine Lake

• nubbinbuck

Just thought I’d let you know, I went out this morning to drill some holes with a different auger assembly I just purchased.

While not paying real close attention, there seems to be a solid 6″ on the south end. About a dozen people out there this morning in portables.

Enjoy.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Thanks for the update. The lake is definitely on my list of lakes to try in the metro.

Are the best accesses from the baitshop and French park?

Are there any springs to be worried about in the lake?

Surfrats

Spent almost 8 hours on this lake already this season and havent caught a thing. That south end is very shallow. Ive spent time working from 5 to 15 FOW and havent seen much action at all.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Are there any springs to be worried about in the lake?

I’m not aware of any springs. That said I do know a few spots that build ice much more slowly. The south end by the park/bait shop/169 has the best first ice in the shallow area. Driving out from the boat landing on the SW side is another good access point but needs more time.

Spent almost 8 hours on this lake already this season and havent caught a thing. That south end is very shallow. Ive spent time working from 5 to 15 FOW and havent seen much action at all.

I’m surprised, most of the time that area does real well for me. Nothing huge but usually productive. Was thinking about hitting that up this weekend.

mr-special
    MPLS

Hartys on the east side has bait ,access and latest info

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Spent all day on the NE part of lake, walked out from French.

Nothing, the report is absolutely nothing. Had some fish that were suspended in 16-22′ that would come and look at bait, but then go away. Tried almost everything, Gill pills, spoons, rippin baits, slenders, plain hooks, plastics, waxies, fatheads, suckers all without nothing. Points, inside turns, saddles, deep, shallow, muck, sand, transitions, nothing.

Hartys on the east side has bait ,access and latest info

Showed up at 8am, as his website says, and no one there. His VM makes it seem they’d open at 7 as well. Ran to the baitshop off Bass Lk. Pretty annoying.

Ice was 3-6″, mostly 3.5-5″. Saw my track on GPS at the end of day and it justifies the pain my legs are going to be in for the weekend.

Ny
    N Metro

hows the ice out there? Is there alot of snow? Trying to decide if I wanna bring my Otter Lodge or my 1 man out there. Thanks!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Just got off the lake, there’s at least eight inches in the middle. Snow cover is minimal with one to two inches maybe in spots, otherwise it can get icy.

Bite is minimal. My last 2 trips, 11 hrs later I got one perch. She was a dandy though!

Ny
    N Metro

Nice! Thanks for the report! Gonna give it a shot over the weekend!

Surfrats

Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Medicine Lake is not on MNCams ? ???

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Nick Nystrom wrote:</div>

Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

I’ll agree. Just got off another western area lake and was non stop action for fish. Medicine can wait for me, and I really like that lake.

TripleA
    Blaine

Medicine is at the very bottom under “Hardy’s Boatworks”.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.