MEAT PROBE

• JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

So I have a 110v temperature controller for a smoker i am building and it came with a pretty chinsey temp probe that I would like to replace. I have a bunch at home but they all say error when i plug them in. The ones i have are all for battery operated units would the probe be different? They plug right in. Wondering if its a voltage issue. Anyone with a Treager know if the probe on them just has the standard 3.5mm plug on control end?

Charlie
    Participant
    MN

Now that’s an eye grabbing thread title! rotflol wink rotflol

ThunderLund78
    Participant

Who makes your controller? My control unit I bought when I built my smoker is made by Auber Instruments. I think their probes are a step-up from any battery powered unit. These guys make professional grade stuff. Not just for cooking but for temp control in lab environments, etc. I have no idea if they’re compatible or not but they do sell just the probes and they have good customer service who might be able to answer your question before you decide to purchase. Check them out.

https://www.auberins.com/

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Attach some pictures of what you need.

It appears as though Traegers require an RTD type temp probe. There are different types of RTDs so you may need a specific kind. Either Pt100 or Pt1000 resistance.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Cmon. Everyone is waiting to see a pic of your meat probe.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Cmon. Everyone is waiting to see a pic of your meat probe.

He will just slide into the DMs with those.

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

Im at work cant really pull it out here and take a picture. Have to when I can be alone with it in my garage tonite.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.