Marcum Update

• holmsvc
    SE ND

I updated today and went fishing in 11 ft and noticed I had to crank the sensitivity up to see me lure. What is the deal with that. Is there some notes on this updates and the changes?

jld
    Holmen

What unit are you running? I just did the latest for my LX-6 after holding off for over a year of doing any updates thinking they should have this figured out by now. I have not used it since the update so I will be interested to see the changes.

holmsvc
    SE ND

I have a LX7

holmsvc
    SE ND

I can’t believe I am the only one that has been out so far with an updated LX7

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I can’t believe I am the only one that has been out so far with an updated LX7

While I only have a 6…..There is not much difference…Other settings can affect that too….Depth range,ping setting,target size etc…..
    How do you have it set-up?

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Sounds like a plus to me. Seems I couldn’t turn mine down low enough before. Maybe now I can actually use the target adjust. I noticed after the update my colors seem to be more vibrant.
    Where you running out of gain or did you just have to adjust higher than you did before?

holmsvc
    SE ND

Adjusting to a higher setting. I just don’t like that there isn’t any notes on changes on the update.

marvins
    Kansas

I’ve had my lx7 out three times and yes the gain has finer adjustment and is better in my opinion.

BullsNeyes
    Rochester, MN

I installed the new update and I too now have to turn the sensitivity up as well as the target size to see my jig. I can now see my jig in less then 5 FOW. Still need to use it more in different water clarity and depth to test it.

holmsvc
    SE ND

I used it in shallow water yesterday and I was able to see my jig better. That was nice, but I’m not a huge fan of constantly messing with sensitivity when changing depths and lures.

Alex Sharrow
    adirondack park upstate ny

had the same issue with all of the comments above only thing I have a question with is gain 1 and 2 whats the difference first ice on a small pond sunday

Attachments:
    1. 15391186_699781110190138_2549677052219470491_n.jpg

jld
    Holmen

Ran my LX-6 for the first time yesterday with the latest update and it performed great; very happy with the update. Fished in 8 ft of water and didn’t even really make any adjustments from last years settings. Everything seemed sharper and more crisp on my zoom. Didn’t play around a lot with it but what I did use it seems to be running awesome.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Gain 1 setting seems to be sensitive.
    Gain 2 setting I have to turn the sens way up to 10 or 11 to get the reading I want. Only have two short outings in shallow water so far. Definitely notice the old dead zone has drastically shrank.

I’m finding that my 20 degree is not working as I’d expect. Sitting in 20′ it reads my jig directly below it fine. I’m not able to pickup a bigger jigging shad or 3/8oz flyer spoon next door on my jiggle stick. My 28 picks up the demon jig&minnow EASILY on both 12 & 20 degree settings. Gain 1 and gain 2 have no impact. Ive been using only 8degree so far the past few days, first time messing with it this much. I’ll switch ducers and try again tomorrow.

The only benefit of gain 2 appears to be a few clicks of lower gain? Bueller..

mazak500
    South West Michigan

I just got out with my LX7 and yes i had to crank the sensitavity up to the 4-5-6 range in 14 foot of water to see a #7 jigging rap.
    I am not liking the upgrand so far. Might try and go back to the previous version. The bottom is also reading a little different for some reason too. Maybe just need some time with it to get adjusted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.