Marcum M5 Lithium Shuttle Combo unveiled at iCast

• JoeMX1825
    MN

(full disclosure, I grabbed this from another site)

At iCast the curtain has been pulled on the new brushless motor Marcum flashers and the new lithium shuttle…hard to tell but it looks like the M5 combo MSRP is either $699 or $799? Yikes! I do find it funny they will be selling it out of a 5 gallon bucket, talk about driving that point home!

I might be interested in the lithium shuttle only, but it must cost under $200…

Attachments:
    1. marcum-shuttle-2.jpg

2. marcum-shuttle.jpg

munchy
    NULL

That looks dam nice!!

I’d be interested in the shuttle if I could put my LX7 on it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

they will be backwards compatible, same mount points

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I might be interested in the lithium shuttle only, but it must cost under $200…

I believe MSRP will be in the $250 range.

buddah6

Is the M5 the same size as the lxi series?

gonehunting

Why not sell shuttle in non-lithium model? $250….?

CaptainMusky

I am guessing it is a shuttle that uses a lithium ion battery???

JoeMX1825
    MN

The “lithium shuttle” is what the head units are attached to in the pictures. It’s a plastic shuttle with built-in lithium battery and status screen, LED glow jig light, usb port. It fits inside a 5 gallon bucket, no word if it will also fit inside the red soft case? It will be sold as a combo (pictured) or by itself for use with previous flasher head units.

blank

I do find it funny they will be selling it out of a 5 gallon bucket, talk about driving that point home!

But will it fit in the YETI bucket? Cuz that Marcum bucket is cheap and not in the pretty seafoam color.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The “lithium shuttle” is what the head units are attached to in the pictures. It’s a plastic shuttle with built-in lithium battery and status screen, LED glow jig light, usb port. It fits inside a 5 gallon bucket, no word if it will also fit inside the red soft case? It will be sold as a combo (pictured) or by itself for use with previous flasher head units.

got it. thanks JoeMX. $250 bucks though…. shock

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

got it. thanks JoeMX. $250 bucks though…. shock

That’s just msrp…I’m guessing you’ll see it for sale around $200 or less near the middle/end of the ice season. If you factor in a typical lithium flasher battery was already $150+ then you add up the simple accessory parts (light, usb port, switches, etc) you get close to $200, then the companies need to add their markup…

I’ll probably pick one up when they clearance at the end of the season, I really liked the weight savings my Ice Force lithium battery gave before it went belly up after 1 charge cycle…with Marcum it’s all about product quality, they’ve been seriously lacking in it the past few years…

That and I’m still waiting for the “Frequent” LX-9 updates to get released, it’s been almost 4 years now since the last update?

CaptainMusky

But will it fit in the YETI bucket? Cuz that Marcum bucket is cheap and not in the pretty seafoam color.

Oh, and the vaporlock! Hehehe

JoeMX1825
    MN

other than the added camera cable to deal with (if you choose to use it) I don’t see why the shuttle wouldn’t work with a LX-9? Only thing I don’t like is the lack of protection for the screens as everything is exposed… Yes, alot of folks hated the red case, but it did a good job of keeping the screens protected in travel…I guess it forces more folks to purchase a rhino box with the 5 gallon bucket accessory…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

no word if it will also fit inside the red soft case?

It does not fit inside the red softpack. I ran around with my LX9 mounted on one of these shuttles late season and just put it in the provided 5 gallon pail when moving from spot to spot. There’s no way to damage the screen when traveling this way unless you put something loose in the bucket that could bounce around and hit the screen.

JoeMX1825
    MN

thanks for the info James! any idea on what the shuttle weighs? Marcum claims 40 hours runtime, did you see that? is it more battery than the Ice Force Lithium?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

My guess is that’s for the m5, not a lx7 or 9. 12 ah is 12 ah.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

thanks for the info James! any idea on what the shuttle weighs? Marcum claims 40 hours runtime, did you see that? is it more battery than the Ice Force Lithium?

I just threw it on a digital scale. It weighs 4 lbs 8 oz alone without a MarCum unit mounted to it.

For comparison sake I put a MarCum flasher shuttle with battery in the softpack on the same scale and came up with 7 lbs 8 oz. That’s just the softpack, battery and black plastic shuttle with no head unit or transducer.

The battery in the Lithium shuttle is a 12 amp hour 12 volt which is larger battery with more capacity than the 10 amp hour 12 volt used in the Ice Force battery.

As far as run time is concern I charge my units every day so I didn’t do a run time test. This battery is larger so I would expect a longer run time that what the Ice Force battery provided which for me was two long days without the worry of a power outage.

CaptainMusky

That is quite a weight savings for sure. It looks pretty slick.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Is the M5 the same size as the lxi series?

Yes, the only significant change is to the internals. The only minor external change to the M5 that I can spot, and this doesn’t in any way change the size or weight, is the area around the knobs and buttons in the M5 is more recessed into the head unit than it was on the i-series.

Here’s a shot of the M series side by side with the i-series.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20170714_122747.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

My favorite feature of the Lithium Shuttle is the auxiliary usb charging ports and the 1/4-20 mounts on each side. This allowed me to add a Ram X-mount to hold my handheld GPS with a way to power it all day if I chose to leave it on that long. Super convenient. Of if you prefer to use the Navionics app on your cell phone… that would work too. You won’t have to worry about killing the battery on your phone with the Lithium Shuttle providing the power.

I’ve added some photos to provide a better look.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20170714_123602.jpg

2. IMG_20170714_123624.jpg

3. IMG_20170714_123608.jpg

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Marcum claims 40 hours runtime, did you see that?

My brother ran the shuttle on his LX-7 and got over two full days in March on it. He charged it after the second day of using it so he wouldn’t be without power. I would say he had 25-30 hours of runtime on that charge. It never died, he just didn’t want to chance it.

gonehunting

Will a Vexilar FLX-28 head mount to the lithium shuttle? toast

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Anything will mount to it. I mounted a 5″ Garmin Echomap on mine for summer use on portage in trips. Works slick. You will have to mod the power wires if you want to connect a non-marcum unit but that’s a 5 minute job.

gonehunting

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gonehunting wrote:</div>

Anything will mount to it. I mounted a 5″ Garmin Echomap on mine for summer use on portage in trips. Works slick. You will have to mod the power wires if you want to connect a non-marcum unit but that’s a 5 minute job.

Thanks for the response James. I had to throw it out there but I was serious. Will be interested in seeing the M5 at the St. Paul Ice Show.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for the response James. I had to throw it out there but I was serious. Will be interested in seeing the M5 at the St. Paul Ice Show.

I think we’re going to see a lot of non-Marcum units mounted on these shuttles so it was a fair question as far as I’m concerned.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yes a 12ah battery will definitely increase run time depending on the head mounted but is it to much to ask for a damn rod holder attachment? Kinda like a vex? It even has a “beverage” holder…. Come on Marcum..

The lithium shuttle has two rod holders built into the back of the unit.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20170717_124925.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

James –

Does the shuttle have a simple 1 cable plug-in port or AC dongle to charge the battery?

How does the transducer cable storage work? (Wrapped inside the carry handle? or does the cable get concealed under the plastic?)

What is this port for?

Attachments:
    1. Test-Image.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.