March Madness

• jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

This week with warmer temps and rain the March madness has started.

Water temps around 40*

Attachments:
    1. 3-9-16.jpg

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

update water temps around 47* bingo

prodrive-al
    Participant
    Elkhorn, WI

Yeah I had 46-48* on Wed too, but I was surprised the plastic bite was way off… One small sauger on purple was it, everything else came on minnows. Gonna try my luck again Friday morning after work. yay toast

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Al, Thanks for stopping Friday.. Good to see u. Dam that motor is loud. Hope u use ear plugs, lol. Water temps Friday afternoon was 49* to 50*. After the 50 shorts or so we ended up with two keeper males milting. Did you find any keepers?

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

All shorts that I have stumbled upon up river of you. Figured the majority were resident or winter hold-overs. Lots of 9″ to 12″ eyes

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Made it out today with a friend for his first walleye fishing.(he is a bass guy). Took his boat out as mine wont be in for a couple more weeks. Must have caught 40 or more shorts, lost a legal by the boat. fun day on the water. started at k-mart launch, nothing going on there, to bark river. worked down to Blackhawk area, where most the fish we caught were. Fintech jigs with minnow what we used.

prodrive-al
    Participant
    Elkhorn, WI

No keepers for me Saturday but only fished until noon. I’ve never seen such an abundance of short fish or lack of bigger fish in an area before, fishing 3 days last week I’m sure I caught 100 fish but only 3 over 15″ and none over 17″… And I fished from 106 all the way to the lake. Hopefully a little rain will get the river and bigger fish moving this week.
    As far a hearing protection yeah if I’m running a long ways with it but just fishing no… Don’t think I have to worry about sneaking up on anyone with it either whistling

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It didn’t take long for the river to fill up, it’s right up to the top of the wall in Fort already. Get ready, no wake, faster current but maybe bigger fish. With the amount of water they have south of us I doubt it’ll recede anytime soon.

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Made it out today in a friends boat. Vertical jigging with zone-r jigs and minnows drifting, then pulling 3-way rigs with stick baits on way back up from a drift. Both methods produced today, ended up with 2 16 inchers in the box. Fished from 6 am till the rain set in. Started by the bark river, 3 ways worked much better there, went to the mouth and drifting worked a little better.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

no wake on

Attachments:
    1. no-wake-1.png

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Groovy, I guess it’s time to get the canoe out then and try some backwaters. Don’t forget your new fishing license.

kv56
    Participant
    Janesville

just got my licence. paper receipt says “you are not eligible to use your Wisconsin drivers license for display of recreational approvals”. Anybody know what is going on with new licensing?

GEEMAN
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson , WI

Mine says the same thing. I got my 2016 license on the 15th and at that time I was told the system wasn’t accepting drivers license information due to a glitch in the system. The license agent said “Well at least your information is in the system” Whatever that means. LOL I took it to mean that the system will accept my drivers license down the road some time ???? Dunno.

bronzbak
    Participant
    Long way from home

This whole thing is a joke. I was supposed to get a go wild card by March 25th. Called today and was told now don’t know when it will show up. Typical DNR crap again. Just glad I got my 3 extra turkey tags!

kv56
    Participant
    Janesville

thanks for the replies. Went to the DNR center here in Janesville the other day. They said the server was having issues so they shut down everything. Could buy license but would not attach to DMV. They gave me a free reprint and activated my drivers license to accept fishing license. So yea, I’m legal without having to carry a stupid paper. Unless of course I slip into Minnesota or Michigan boundary waters. Isn’t it beautiful flame .

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I finally bought my license online yesterday and it says …

You ARE eligible to use your Wisconsin Driver’s License for display of some recreational approvals. Please visit dnr.wi.gov for more information on where this use is permitted.

I couldn’t find what some means nor find more info on DNR.wi.gov on where it’s permitted. Who’d expect the new and improved system to work when the state can’t retain quality workers. I’d suggest carrying that paper license – you’d never know when you might need tp!

GEEMAN
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson , WI

This may help you out Gregg.

Try going to this this page. http://dnr.wi.gov/GoWild/conservationCard.html

Go to the bottom of the page to where it says acceptable forms of proof. Click on open all. Talk about over complicating things. Good luck. LOL

Ordered my Conservation Card over three weeks ago. Still waiting for it to show up in the mail.

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Just got my card in the mail. One time deal at least. This new system sucks. I for one will miss back tag poker for the deer season. Wi DNR is now a gutted out, chopped everything, bare bones far from well oiled machine. doah

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.