Magnus Bullheads

• Jeffrey Trapp
    Participant
    Milbank, SD

So I haven’t had great luck body shooting turkeys the last few years. I get excited and just center mass shoot them and lose birds. I thought about trying to Magnus Bullheads and going for head shots since it is easier to focus on that. I am planning on having all shots within 15 yards and most right at 10. Does anyone have any input on them?

dbright
    Participant
    Cambridge

What are you shooting for broadheads now? A large expandable like the rage extreme chisel point do a number on turkeys. The large cut and chisel point help keep the arrow in the bird and make it difficult for them to run or fly. If your shot was less than perfect. I’ve yet to have a bird make it more that a few steps.

abster71
    Participant
    crawford county WI

I started shooting them a few years ago for kind of the same reason didn’t like tracking birds. I would recommend getting the arrows with them as well they come as a package deal. Might wanna get extra blades while your at it. Good luck

Jeffrey Trapp
    Participant
    Milbank, SD

Currently I shoot my same fixed blade Muzzy 100s I shoot my deer with. I figured if I was going to buy new broadheads just for turkey I may as well try the whole decapitation way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.