Madison area

• marbles
    Participant
    Northwest Wisconsin

I’ll be in Madison for work from Monday through Thursday and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where to target some walleyes from shore as I’ll be bringing fishing gear but no boat. I’m not very familiar with the fishing down that way but thought it would be a good time to learn as my evenings will likely be pretty open. Any suggestions/direction welcome. Thanks.

Whiskerkev
    Participant
    Madison

I think second point would be where I would go, Governors Island would be number two. Both are on Lake Mendota and are open to fishing from shore. Keep casting the fish will move in and out if they are there at all. If you have waders you can walk the whole shore line by second Point. There is good weeds on the point and also at the base of the point. Might find a big cat there too If you are lucky. Keep in mind eyes must be 18 inches and 3 in possession on Mendota.

GNFISN
    Participant

After dark is the deal . Tenny breakwater, or a rocky shallow area with current. ( wind OR water)

marbles
    Participant
    Northwest Wisconsin

Thanks guys. I’m looking forward to getting my bearings down there and hopefully hooking a few. Interested in a picture worthy fish or two.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

You can walk the shoreline along the university at night and do decent if the wind is out of the north. Having waders will expand how much area you have to work with. If you don’t have waders, tenney park breakwall after dark would be my first stop. You can also fish Monona and walk about 2 miles of shoreline along John Nolen Drive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.