mendota gills

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Wiskerkev and I went out on Memorial day looking for gills. I caught some really nice ones and Kevin nursed his hangover and missed fish. Fish were over emerging weeds in 7 to 10 FOW and were caught on cubby mini mites and nail tails, with both white and green bodies working well. Included is a picture of what was kept. The gills were all between 8.5 and 9.75 inches.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I forgot to mention that Kevin did manage the perch in the picture.

Whiskerkev
    Participant
    Madison

Don’t forget the white bass. Wait until next week and I will have a picture for you. I appreciate you taking me out but this tactic of breaking one of my rods before we get to the fishin hole is getting old.

jmiller
    Participant
    Blaine, MN

Looks like some good Eatin boys.

bowhuntr24
    Participant
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Sounds like you guys had a good time!!

Nice fish

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Don’t forget the white bass. Wait until next week and I will have a picture for you. I appreciate you taking me out but this tactic of breaking one of my rods before we get to the fishin hole is getting old.

Hey, sometimes I break my own after we get to the fishin hole. I’m just helping you eliminate the cheap rods from your collection. I will replace it.

Whiskerkev
    Participant
    Madison

I don’t think it would have made a differance. I still have a headache 4 days later. Never drink wine, beer, and whiskey all in the same night. My mother was the life of the reception. I wished I had had video of that. Her liver must be made of iron as she felt fine the next day. Either that or she is a better actor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.