Ice fishing on Wabesa

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

I went out ice fishing out behind the Green Lantern on Saturday with my cousin. We started around 10:00 and finished about 2:00 The fishing was fair, the gills and crappie were at best scattered. To be successful, we had to do a lot of hole hopping to find fish. I never spent more than a minute at a hole unless I got bit. We ended up catching 16 gills and crappies that I brought home to clean. During this time, we had four flags, just to keep us interested in that. No hookups though . Anyway, the pattern of the day seemed to be more about the locating than presentation. I was using a lime green jig and my cousing was using an orange jig. Both of us were fishing a foot off the bottom though. I never caught any (little, or keeper sized) above, or below that. The fish were located on the flats in about 6-7 feet of water. We fished out a little deeper than most, and I think that resulted in us catching more of the larger fish than the others, that I watched. All in all though, it is just great to be out fishing again with my cousin. Always a good time to be had rasing each other .

Will be out again on the lake Monday and will get a report as soon as I get back down to the Chicago Area. Be safe and tight lines to all.

Bassman

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.