Cystic Fibrosis Tourney

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Just wondering if anyone is planning on fishing this tourney on the Madison Chain? It is in the middle of June. The fish should be post spawn and making their way to their summer haunts. Last year it took over a three pound average to win, if I remember right. All for a great cause.

Bassman

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I will be fishing this for the third year now with TBASS. This is a well run tournament that is for a great cause $250 entry/team, guaranted $5000 for first place. If anyone needs a form let me know.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Bass boy,

Do you ever fish Lake Wisconsin. I know that from your posts, you spend a lot of time on the Miss.

Bassman

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I have fished Lake Wisconsin twice for eye’s couple years ago and once for bass a few years ago in the Thursday Child charity tournament. I would like to fish it some time again for bass.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Bass boy, Maybe we could hook up sometime this summer. I know the system fairly well. If you ar interested drop me an email. Always looking for new people to fish with.

Bassman

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I would definately like to hit up the lake with you. How often do you get up here?

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Bass boy

I will try to make it up in the area at least two days a week this summer. I am a teacher down here so I have more time to play during the summer months. I might also be fishing a few tournies on the Madison chain this summer and some up on Castle Rock, so my time fishing will be spread around some. But I get up there often. When do you finish school? Are you fishing the BFL this year?

Bassman

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

My last exam is May 18. As of right now, I think I am just doing the BFL out of PDC on July 23. I am doing the Everstart out of Lax in Aug. along with some open tournies. What circuits/tournies are you fishing?

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

I am fishing just opens this year. I ripped my achilles tendon over the winter, so I decided to wait for next year to fish the BFL. I will be fishing The Lake wisconsin Spring Fling, two on Castle Rock in the middle of the summer and I might fish the cystic fibrosis tournament again this year, not sure about that one yet though. I might fish a couple other ones yet, depends on rehab and time.

Bassman

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Sorry to hear about your injuries, best of luck with the rebad process How did you do last year in the Cystic?

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

We had three legals in the boat by 9 and left then to find bigger fish. That was a mistake. We finished the day with those three two pounders and that was it. Should have stayed in our spot and just got a limit of two pounders. We had found some 3-4 pounders there the week before on beds yet, but they were gone by the next week leaving behind the males. Would fish the lake differently this time if I am in it. How did you two do?

Bassman

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

We finished 19th and we were 2 fish short of a limit. We got on a good afternoon bite, but time ran out since we were in the first flight

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Just bringing this up to the top, this is a well ran tournament and it is for a good cause. Let me know if anyone needs more information.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Once again ttt. Should be a lot of fun. See you there

Bassman

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Just a quick note, 25+ pounds on 6 fish to win. 22+ for 2nd and the top 15 filtered down to the 17 pound range. A good turnout and a good number of fish caught. We finished around 30th, but should have done better. We ended up with a six fish limit, but it wasn’t enough. I will try to give a complete post with details Sunday night.

Bassman

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Darin,
    Sorry we didn’t a chance to meet up. We ended up finishing 24th, with 14.37 lb. This was a very well ran tournament for a good cause and the Hooter’s Girls were there

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

We finished right behind you Glen, lost a couple of good fish, but that happens. Wish we could have hooked up. Let me know if we can get out some time. Thought the Hooter’s girls was a nice touch as well, anything to get more people involved is great.

Bassman

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.