Waubesa

• bassthumb
    Participant
    Madison, WI

Didn’t brave the crowds this weekend on the lakes, but did get a couple hours in Fri evening before dinner. Ended up getting 3 nice Largemouth in the 3-4lb range with a couple of little ones. All of them were caught on something different. Got one on a crankbait, a few on a carolina rigged senko, and one skipping docks with a tube. I went out very briefly on Mon the 4th, and with so many boaters running around I didn’t stay out long. I didn’t catch anything while I was out, but I didn’t fish too hard either. Guess I should have tried another lake, but with rhythm and booms going on I didn’t know if Monona or Mendota would be even busier.

bassthumb
    Participant
    Madison, WI

Have fished the lake a couple more times without too much luck. A few legals and some small largemouth, but it has been fairly slow fishing the docks. I have fished mostly just for a couple hours in the evenings.

Yesterday, however, I tried to get out of work and to the launch in time for the wed night tournament. I missed the person taking money just barely. I fished anyways from 6:30-9pm and ended up with only 4 largemouth, 2 legals. One 2 pounder and another 4.8lb, and a little over 20″. It was a very nice and fat fish. Talked to some guys after the tournament and they said the winner was a 20 1/8″, so I would have been close.

bassthumb
    Participant
    Madison, WI

Fished for a couple hours again on Sun. evening. Lots of pleasure cruisers out there. Ended up getting 6 largemouth, from 2 to 4 pounds. I did better than I thought I would considering the amount of traffic running around and the waves and wake they were creating. I also ended up catching a walleye on a Tiki Stick from under a dock in about 5 ft of water! I think he was lost.

jami
    Participant
    Shawano, WI

Hey. . just wondering what kind of info you could give me on fishing the Chain. . Im fishing a big tourney in a few weekends as a non-boater and wondered if you have any tricks you could share just like what you look for (other than docks )what you typically use the end of Aug.

much appreciated

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.