New Forum… Madison Chain of Lakes

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

As requested by member “bassthumb.”

If you guys want to see new forums added or others combined, just holler out and I will make it so. I’m not very familiar with bodies of water in WI so I appreciate all the input and suggestions I can get.

Enjoy guys.

danwi
    westby wi

good job I have never been on the madison lakes but am only 2 hrs away…Would really enjoy trying some of the lakes.Bring on the info

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

The Madison chain of lakes has some good fishing. The bass fishing is very good. TBASS and I fished in a tournament Sunday and took 19 out of 60 with 4 fish for 10.5 lb. 22 lb. won it for a 6 fish limit with a 5.8 lb. big fish. This was the Cystic Fibrosis charity tournament launched out of Lake Farm Park on Lake Waubesa. There are weekly bass tournaments on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, that rotate between the chain lakes.
    Lake Mendota is the biggest and has the best walleye and smallmouth fishing.
    Lake Monona has good largemouth, with decent smallmouth fishing. Muskie fishing is good as well.
    Lake Waubesa is primarly largemouth, with good muskie fishing.

Hope that helps you Dan and anyone else that was wondering.

levi1992
    Lincoln, Ne & Central, IL

What would be good areas to fish for fall bass on the Madison Chain? Possible productive baits?

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I’m not much of a bass fisherman by trade but you can do pretty well on any lake in the chain. Mendota has a good deep diving crank bite. I get fish suspended on points on Mendota (smallies) and seem to get more bass on Monona tight to the weeds. bluegill and perch patterns..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.