Lynn Lake

• big_g
    Isle, MN

Glad to see this is finally here. I fish Lynn Lake Fly In Outpost every other year with my brother in laws and some buddies. It is non stop action, whether your after walleyes or Monster Pike. I highly recommend you check em out for your next fly in trip. The fishing is phenomenal. Welcome aboard Russ !!!

big g

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

What time of year would you go if you were after the monster pike? I would much rather exhange numbers for size.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I have also fished out of this resort as well. Top notch for as many walleyes as you want. As far as big pike go, August seems to be when the bigger more consistent bite happens. I went in June and caught a few over the 40″ mark, but heard from the guides that August is the month for more consistent bigger fish.

A guy I fish will all the time, is actually a guide up there in the summer for a few weeks each year.

Very fun trip, you can drive right to the resort if you like instead of flying, however its close to 20 some hours from St. Cloud, MN.

big_g
    Isle, MN

We go in mid June. We have always caught fish over 40″, my personal best is 44″, last year. They do say the bigger ones are more active in August, and easier to target with the cabbage growth a little better by then. As far as walleyes, they are a consistent 16-22″, but the big ones can be found in deeper water. The biggest we caught was a 26″, but we were targeting moving shallow water. I counted one time, 63 casts in a row, pulling in cookie cutter 17″ers !!! I took a bunch a B-Fish-N plastics with last year, adn they tore em up. It is 18 hours to Lynn Lake from St Cloud, but worth every minute IMHO. If you gys have any questions, ask away. You can PM if you’d like also.

big g

scottsteil
    Central MN

I fished the area in early June and the fishing was Fantastic. I have also heard August is the time when the fish are more active. However, we had nothing to complain about the pike action in early June. Numbers and size were excellent but we were on a Fly-in.

big_g
    Isle, MN

We also Fly-In tolake Brisbois. The 18 hour ride in the minivan, is followed by about a 1/2 hour flight in the Otter… All his lakes are Fly-In except the Wolverine Lodge which is on Lake Vandekerckhove, you can drive right too that. How ’bout that last 250 miles on the all purpose gravel road !!!

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

Here’s a picture Russ E-mailed me awhile back. Nice to put a face to a name. Oh, he’s a bowhunter too !!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Some pic’s from my trips to Lynn Lake

big_g
    Isle, MN

big_g
    Isle, MN

big_g
    Isle, MN

big_g
    Isle, MN

big_g
    Isle, MN

plane

big_g
    Isle, MN

cabin on Brisebois

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You’re givin’ me an itch Glenn…

…and what’s with the gloves?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I ain’t scratching anything without gloves….. I know, I know, it’s just that your hands just get wet, then dry, then slimy, then dry, then wet then dry… after 5 days of that, they can get pretty beat up. I won’t go there without them. Another note, don’t be washing your hands off along side the boat for too long, they will attack your little fingers like nothing !!!

big g

piketales
    Lynn Lake, Manitoba

The early spring is a great time right after spawning but the lake water temp has to warm up a little. The big pike are shallow and very hungry about 7 days after spawning which is in the end of May in the Lynn Lake area. August fishing for big pike is like fishing for big muskies in August only you catch many more big pike than you would muskie in a week.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.