lowrance H20 will not get a GPS lock

• owen nelson
    Participant
    Iowa

My lowrance h20 will not get a GPS lock it just looks and looks for it. I tried a hard reset what else can I do? Or is it junk.

bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

Probably a stupid question, but are your batteries in good shape?

Chris
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

Try a soft reset. I had this problem a couple years ago and the soft reset solved it. I sat on the phone waiting for Lowrance customer service for an hour before I got someone to help me. Luckily the instructions are in IDO’s annals.

Instructions

Good luck

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Mine can take up to 5-10 minutes to lock. Not the best antennas in those….also beware of obstructions/trees/etc.

Jesse Krook
    Participant
    Y.M.H.

Moving also helps, If you are trying to use it indoors…..it’s not going to happen. You can also locate your position on the map and the unit will do a sattelite search of the area where you are at.

Chris
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

Interestingly enough, my units will acquire signal inside my house even if there are no windows, go figure

As Jesse said, if you get the cross hairs closer to the location where you are near you will acquire signal faster too.

nick
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

I’ve had lowrance units take 20 minutes or more to finally lock on, set outside with good view and it’ll pick it up, eventually.

damman
    Participant
    Pepin county Wi

All I can say is good luck, My first one did that, was a little leary about buying another one but I did anyway, second one is a year old and sits there forever trying to lock on a sattelite to no avail. Tried both soft and hard resets, no luck. You are better off talking to a brick wall than calling Lowrance,

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Have you tried to upgrade to new software to help lock in to more satelites? Soft restart will help give the GPS a new fresh start. I do that to mine every 2 months or so..

bigstorm
    Participant
    Southern WI

I realize this is an old thread, but it is still relevant. Just powered up my H20c for the first time in a few months, would not lock on for GPS, did a soft reset (when its off, hold the Power and Pages buttons until it turns on) once powered up, let it sit fora few minutes and the GPS locked on

when zoomed back in, my waypoints looked like they were gone, just had to go to Menu and select Advanced Mode and all is good

catmando
    Participant
    wis

Take it outside, zoom all the way out, let sit for a good while.this has helped me. Double ck your batteries are they seated well? DK.

bigstorm
    Participant
    Southern WI

Just keeping this alive, my H2Oc would not lock on again (hasnt been powered up since February). I did the soft reset along with zooming all the way out as catmando suggested, locked on within 1 minute

Think I will make it a point to turn it on once a month going forward to see if that helps

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

I use my H2O only during duck hunting season and it’s always worked. Maybe I’m lucky.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Took mine out today after a few years. Took a reset, a couple power cycles and sitting outside for 20 min but she finally came back to life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.