Storing HDS

• mwal
    Rosemount,MN

When storing my 2 HDS units do I need to keep them Indoors? or covered in my storage barn ok?

Mwal

jake47
    WI

I would say if your storage barn is heated and secure, then it would be fine to leave them in there. If it is not heated, then I would for sure bring them inside. I don’t know if there is anything inherently wrong with storing electronics which are meant for the elements, outside, but I would certainly not take the chance on $$$$ equipment. Plus they don’t take up a lot of space inside, so why risk it?

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Operating temperature: -15°C to 55°C (5°F
    to 130°F)

From the HDS manual, I store mine inside as I don’t think extreme cold is good for the display screen.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Mine are flush mounted and stay in the boat. Haven’t had an issue.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I would take them off if they come off easy. Mine is going inside this winter.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Quote:

I would take them off if they come off easy. Mine is going inside this winter.

x2 but more of a seems like the right idea kind of thing.

My rational is that the lcd screens on electronics aren’t really any different than laptops. I can leave my work laptop in my vehicle in the dead of winter without issue. What’s not recommened is to power it up when it’s super cold.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

Years ago I had a Hummingbird,that I left out in the boat over winter and in the spring I had black streaks in the screen that disapeared after the weather warmed up and it was in the sun.Since them I never leave anything with LED screen out in the boat over winter.
    Stan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.