Lowrance HDS Gen 2, North up or Heading?

• live2fishmillelacs
    Blaine, MN

I would like to report on the New Lowrance Point-1 Antenna.
    I have always used the North up setting to not get the lag in following close up contour lines, well the Point-1 fixed that, with the built in heading sensor and twice as fast as the LGC-4000. I have now switched back to the heading setting!! Very very very happy and obviously I will endorse it. Finally finally finally

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I just ordered one from Ben G. at Jolly Ann. Hope to try it
    out this weekend and will report back.

Glad to hear it works as advertised!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

How did you calibrate your Point-1?? Mine is not working too well.

Thanks!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Thanks Guy!

live2fishmillelacs
    Blaine, MN

The Most important thing is to make sure arrow is facing directly to the front of the boat(sorry for stating the obvious) then choosing it in your system properties. Two special notes, try not to be closer than 3′ from main motor and not within 5 ft directly in-site of a marine radio antenna.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Do you think it’s far enough away where it is located on the right side in the pic. ?

I do have the arrow pointing forward.

live2fishmillelacs
    Blaine, MN

I put mine as far from my motor as possible and in a location that the side of my boat could not possibly interfere with any signal. You can see the location behind me. Sorry, this is my only picture with the antenna in it

live2fishmillelacs
    Blaine, MN

Wow now after re-reading all the directions I will have to calibrate my antenna, and it worked great without calibrating!!

boos1906

Hey guys just wondering where you can buy the point 1 antenna? I searched for it on cabelas and I cant find it. Thanks for the help

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

I thought Jolly Ann had them.
    Stan

boos1906

By chance do you know what category there under there? Can’t find them there either. Thanks for the reply

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Hey guys just wondering where you can buy the point 1 antenna? I searched for it on cabelas and I cant find it. Thanks for the help

Here is the link to the antenna on Jolly Ann’s site.

Link

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.