Lowrance ti2 screen issues

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Hey guys, I have a couple new ti2 units, a 9 and a 12, and both have been acting up on me. They are both touch screens, and they don’t always works. In fact, I’d say they rarely work as they should. You touch the screen to change screens, menus, etc, and it either doesn’t respond, or clicks elsewhere and does something entirely different. Have done a hard reset on the 9 and it seems to be better. Have not yet tried anything on my brand new 12, which is exhibiting these same things. Very frustrating. Anyone else have these issues?

bclii
    MN/AZ

Do they both have the latest updates?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

The 9 wouldn’t let me update it. I’m going to look to see what the deal is on the 12, and see if it needs an update and try it now.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

12 had the newest update, the 9 let me update this time. Now they are connecting wirelessly, which is nice. The 12 seemed to still have the touch issues, but will look at it more later and give it time. It may be headed for a hard reset. Anything else I should consider?

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Have you tried calibrating the touch screens? There is a thorough video on youtube directly related to the TI2

rswan
    Lakeville, MN

Also clean your screen. Pollen, water droplets, dust all make your screen work miserable. Or they do mine.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

It’s brand new, no cleaning needed. I don’t believe I should have to calibrate anything out of the box, but I’ll watch that video and check it out. I never had an ounce of problem with my HDS units. I’m a little peeved.

jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

When mine was new I calibrated the touch screen. Haven’t had any issues.

CaptainMusky

I have had to calibrate every one of my touch screen units after using them a while and getting frustrated with them not responding. Especially when trying to touch areas near the edges of the screen. No issues since.

rswan
    Lakeville, MN

I calibrated it in my house with a battery, it needed to be calibrated again in the boat. Seemed different when mounted in there for some reason.

bclii
    MN/AZ

12 had the newest update, the 9 let me update this time. Now they are connecting wirelessly, which is nice. The 12 seemed to still have the touch issues, but will look at it more later and give it time. It may be headed for a hard reset. Anything else I should consider?

So now they both are running the latest software. Did you try a soft or hard reset yet? One or both of these resets should get you back on track!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Alright, yes, both units are updated. I did the screen calibration on the 12, it solved nothing. I even did it twice. I had not done a hard reset yet, will do that tomorrow and see what happens. The 9 seems to be running alright, but it doesn’t get used as much as the 12, so it’ll take some time to work on it.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I’m told the screens are just lesser quality than the HDS screens and this is just the way they are. Great answer I wasn’t thrilled with, but I guess it is what it is. The 12 is manageable, the 9 is a nightmare to deal with.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.