Lowrance customer service??

• reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

My Elite 5 got wet. It powers up, but the screen stays black. Twice I’ve called Lowrance customer service and, after a lengthy wait was able to describe my issue, get put on hold again, then asked to take a survey and hung up on.
    What gives?

Better-any advice for getting my unit fixed?

Thanks!

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Does Lowrance require an authorization code to send it in?

mojogunter

I have been told like garmin, if the unit is not under warranty lowrance do not repair anything. They will tell you they can sell you a new one. If you find this is true please let everyone know that is the case. How did it get wet? Was it submerged for a while?

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Try to email them. A buddy had good luck going that route.

Also curious how it got wet. Thought they were basically water proof.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Try to email them. A buddy had good luck going that route.

Also curious how it got wet. Thought they were basically water proof.

It was in my boat, under the cover. My mistake, I’d covered still wet and hadn’t thought to get it dried out. Was in the middle of a move and, well…
    Anyway, my bow mount one was fine, my rear one seemed to have somehow absorbed the condensation somehow. I too, thought they were waterproof.

I’ll send an update when/if I find out anything at all. Still haven’t successfully reached anyone by phone. Tempted to just start shopping and upgrade; but I’d like this one functional as I also use it ice-fishing.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Did you hit the power button to many times and dim your screen to black by chance ? Just watched a Doc Sonar video and he said that happens a lot with users.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Funny you mention that. I was in St. Louis for a training class and browsed the electronics in Cabelas. The sales rep asked me the same question. I haven’t had a chance to check, but think I will right now.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

To follow up and close this thread, I’ve reached out multiple times via phone and email. Last response from email asked me for the Serial #(that had been provided in the initial reporting) that I dutifully provided again so that they could determine what my options might be. Two days later I got an email asking me to take a survey regarding me experience with my recent case that was now CLOSED(???). I will take the survey with no hope of feedback.

Bottom line: My new Humminbird arrives this week.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

go to fish lectronics in fridley waytogo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.