Lowrance?

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

Is this old electronics or are they coming out with a new product?
    Lowrance 9″ HDS Plus

I’m not up to speed on Lowrance products but a grand for this seems very acceptable to me without looking into it.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

They have the Garmin Ecomap 10″ half price also at $999
    They are older models

CaptainMusky

Is this old electronics or are they coming out with a new product?
    I’m not up to speed on Lowrance products but a grand for this seems very acceptable to me without looking into it.

Thats the previous generation HDS just updated this year with the
    Pro” version. That is a great deal and I am going to be jumping on it to upgrade my units. Thinking about going a 12 and a 9.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That is a great deal

Quite often last year’s model will go on sale or clearance when the new ones come out. This is exactly how I got my current Carbon units.

CaptainMusky

Yep. My newest is a gen 3 but I have a gen 2 touch and and original hds. I’m due. Getting a massive bonus Wednesday so it’s time to upgrade. Plus by going to a 12 inch at the console I can ditch having to 7 inch displays and hopefully get rid of the power issues I’ve been having. Plus I’m getting old so my eyes will appreciate it.

Ripjiggen

Don’t ditch both sevens? Keep one for mapping you will thank me later.

CaptainMusky

I know, but the issue I have is there is a significant power draw when I use two units and I cannot seem to figure out a fix. When I use them both and not running the outboard the one will shutdown. I even added a second cranking battery and have them in parallel to double the amount of juice, but no bueno. I have switched wires around under the dash and put one of them on the accessory switch and still didnt fix it. It seems to be mostly an issue with the older of the two units which is the gen2 touch. The gen3 touch seems to handle it OK.

Karry Kyllo

I had a similar situation. My fix was to install a lithium battery dedicated to electronics only in my boat. I charge it at the same time I charge my trolling motor batteries when I get in at night. It works well and the extra weight of a lighter lithium battery is minimal.
    I forget the numbers now, but I calculated the maximum amount of amps that I’d need for the longest time that I’d ever fish in one day and got a battery that was 10 % or so larger.

Ripjiggen

I run a live 9 and Carbon 12 off my cranking battery with no issues. Also a live 9 up front, but that doesn’t get used all the time. Regular Group 31 battery.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I also run an HDS 7 gen3 and a Garmin 93uhd on the console and occasionally run a third older Lowrance in the bow. None of them shut down on there own and all run off a group 24 believe it or not. I plan on upgrading my house battery to a bigger one soon, but it still works for hours no problem.

isu22andy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

I know, but the issue I have is there is a significant power draw when I use two units and I cannot seem to figure out a fix. When I use them both and not running the outboard the one will shutdown. I even added a second cranking battery and have them in parallel to double the amount of juice, but no bueno. I have switched wires around under the dash and put one of them on the accessory switch and still didnt fix it. It seems to be mostly an issue with the older of the two units which is the gen2 touch. The gen3 touch seems to handle it OK.

What gauge of wire are you running ? You probably need 10 gauge direct from the battery . Your stock wiring in your boat probably can’t handle the draw 2 big graphs take.

CaptainMusky

I think I even upgraded that wiring a long time ago. I dont recall what gauge it is though.
    There are a couple busbars under the console that are tiny and aluminum instead of steel. I bought replacements that are much larger just havent installed yet. I need to do that this Spring. They are steel which should conduct much better than aluminum.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.