Lowrance 12″ hds HELP PLEASE !!!!!

• Steve Powell

Hey Guys, im new to this forum and need some advise/help? I have a new ranger rt188p and I want to put 2 HDS 12″ along with ghost 47″ trolling motor. My question is , what else do I need to order to make this setup complete. Do the screens come with transducers? I want to order everything I need so I can complete the install at one, not weeks later due to not knowing what else is needed. I would welcome any information as this is my first ” real power boat”. Prior to this its been jon boats, etc. Basically I have 2 12″ HDS and a 47″ ghost on the way but i’m told I need more equipment to link them together along with a gps antenna, etc ?

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Based on my limited knowledge but having some experience I know I can tell you this:
    You will want 1 Ethernet cable to connect to each unit so the can “Talk to each other” IE: sharing waypoints
    A NMEA starter kit may be needed for the Ghost to work properly and for the gps antenna you mention but there are many more on this website that could expand on it.
    I know for sure that you want to research very carefully on reading the “fine print” so as you know if you are getting a transducer or not with the unit and more importantly which one.

I learned the hard way with Lowrance products that what you see on the box isn’t necessarily what’s inside. Make sure you research what exactly it is that you want out of the unit then make sure you choose the correct transducer and the other accessories needed to meet your expectations.
    There are modules out there too which may or may not be needed based on your wants and needs.

Good luck

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Ethernet cable to connect the two units. Then a NMEA starter kit and a couple more cables and caps to connect the ghost to the units. Might as well pick up a point 1 heading sensor and network that in also.

Steve Powell

Thanks so much for the help & advise. I have never had anything like this and I have been finding it hard to understand. Prior to this new boat & electronics it’s been electric jon boats !!

Thanks so much!!
    Steve

Steve Powell

Thanks so much for the help. Im very new to this
    Steve

bullcans
    Northfield MN

No prob. I think we’ve all been there at one time or another.
    Good luck and feel free to ask more questions. This is a great site to receive a lot of knowledge on things.

milemark_714

You want to get what’s called”boat in a box”,2 12″ displays and everything to connect them together.More economical than buying 2 separate units.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.